Wednesday, May 6, 2020

May 6, 2020 Lunch – Posole and a Tamale Dinner – Meatloaf and baked Potato with PPI Fennel and Apple salad

May  6, 2020 Lunch – Posole and a Tamale  Dinner – Meatloaf and baked Potato with PPI Fennel and Apple salad

At 8:00 Suzette and I walked about 1/3 mile in the neighborhood while it was still cool.  We stopped on the way to buy pecan hulls from a landscaper to mulch our fruit trees.

When we returned home I made a tropical fruit salad.  I peeled and cubed 1 papaya, 1 pineapple, three mangos, and peeled and sectioned three oranges and squeezed the juice of two limes into the salad. I then flipped the salmon in the Gravad Lax.

Then at around 10:00 I ate a bowl filled with a handful of granola, two large scoops of yogurt, a couple spoonfuls of tropical fruit salad and a splash of milk.

Suzette worked at home today.  At 11:30 she heated some beef stroganoff over egg vermicelli noodles.  I heated the last of the container of Posole with a frozen tamale with about 2 T. of fresh chopped oregano and about 3 T. of red onion.  It took about fifteen  minutes to prep the dish and heat the tamale thoroughly and by then Suzette had finished her lunch so I sat and watched the market while I ate instead of joining her outside.

The market was a breakeven for most of the day until late in the day it dropped into negative territory ending down 238 points.  Thankfully the big tech names staying positive, so instead of the the .8% drop in the Dow, my portfolio dropped only 3%.

I worked after lunch until 3:30 and then napped until 4:50. After a couple of calls I went the kitchen and found Suzette putting the finishing touches on a meat loaf in a soufflé dish.  We put the meatloaf in the oven with several potatoes to bake.

We then made hummus today.  We simmered the garbanzo beans for about 1 1/2 hours and then after the meatloaf and potatoes were baking we processed about 2 cups of  garbanzo beans, 1 clove of garlic, 1/2 cup of tahini, juice of a lemon, 4 T. of cold water and about 4 T. of olive oil until smooth.  We ate pita chips dipped into hummus as an appetizer.

I snapped and steamed the remaining good string beans from the El Super food order.  After they were steamed I added them to the fennel/Apple salad which had an abundance of citrus dressing remaining in the bowl.

When the green beans were added to the fennel/apple salad and everything was ready to eat.  Suzette filled our plates with meatloaf with a splash of catsup, fennel/apple salad and a baked potato still warm from the oven filled with butter, sour cream and chives.



Suzette drank a beer and I drank the last glass of 2016 Chateau Roudier (Trader Joes $9.99) and we again ate under the gazebo.




Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment