Thursday, May 7, 2020

May 7, 2020 Lunch – Salmon and Scallop Sashimi. Dinner – PPI Bobby Flay Chicken, Vegetable Couscous, and Riata and Bananas Foster

May 7, 2020 Lunch – Salmon and Scallop Sashimi. Dinner – PPI Bobby Flay Chicken, Vegetable Couscous, and Riata and Bananas Foster

In the morning I cleaned and wrapped the newly processed about 2 lb. of Gravad Lax.



This morning I cut a couple of slices from the old Gravad Lax and lay it on toasted French Rolls that had been smeared with cream cheese and garnished with slices of onion.  I drank green tea with it.

Around 1:00 I started organizing lunch.  I thawed three scallops and sliced two radishes and one e green onion and placed that on a plate.  I then sliced the approximately ½ lb. tail piece of salmon left from the two pieces I used to make the Gravad Lax and then the scallops and placed them on the plate.  I fetched the bottle of pickled ginger and a dipping bowl that I filled with soy and wasabi mustard.  I also fetched the Japanese pickled vegetables from the fridge and brewed a mug of green tea and heated a small cup of sake.  Here is the lunch.


I loved it, especially the protein rush.  I worked on my taxes in the afternoon until Suzette came home and then we worked on some corporate documentation for her.

We decided to eat the PPI Bobby Flay Chicken and Couscous with vegetables in the fridge.  I fetched the bottle of 2018 Chateau La Freynelle, a white Bordeaux that is a blend of 60% Sauvignon Blanc, 30% Semillon, and 10% Muscadelle grapes that Suzette selected for the restaurant. We enjoyed a pleasant dinner under the gazebo in the garden around 7:30.



After dinner we walked around the block by way of the landscapers at the house at the end of the next block and arranged for the delivery of six more scoops of pecan shells in the back yard to mulch the fruit trees.

At 8:15 we started watching Midsommer Murder on PBS which lasts two hours with a 10 minute break at 9:00.  During the break Suzette made Bananas Foster with a sliced banana, some butter, and brown sugar.  She sautéed the banana slices to soften them and then added some rum.  After heating the rum for a minute she lit it and it flared up as it flambeed the bananas and thickened the butter and sugar sauce.

Suzette placed two scoops in each of two bowls and the spooned the banana sauce over the ice cream.  This was a wonderful dessert. One Suzette has become very good at producing quickly.





We enjoyed the second half of Midsommer Murder and then Suzette went to bed and I blogged this blog.

It was another good day in the market with my portfolio increasing by over 1 ½%.  It seems like the market is getting a bit too frothy and it may be time to pull out some of the gains.  The market is approaching its February high.

Bon Appetit



Bon Appetit








No comments:

Post a Comment