Friday, May 8, 2020

May 8, 2020 Lunch – Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup. Dinner – Cedar Board Grilled Teriyaki Salmon, Sautéed green beans with roasted slivered almonds, garlic, and onion, and Sushi Rice and Blueberry Cobbler

May 8, 2020 Lunch – Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup. Dinner – Cedar Board Grilled Teriyaki Salmon, Sautéed green beans with roasted slivered almonds, garlic, and onion, and Sushi Rice and Blueberry Cobbler

I ate granola, tropical fruit salad, yogurt, with a splash of milk for breakfast.

It turned cool, so for lunch I cubed the last piece of Roasted Pork in tomatillo sauce and the last leg of Bobby Flay Chicken and boiled them in a two quart pot with a sliced zucchini, ¼ of a carrot, a handful of chopped chad, a cube of Pho seasoning, a tsp. Knorr dehydrated Chicken stock, a heaping T. of red miso, 3 T. of minced onion, and a handful of 40 mm. Rice sheets and a bundle of wheat vermicelli noodles.  After thirty minutes of simmering everything blended into a lovely flavorful soup. I added 1 mushroom sliced to the soup and ladled a bowl of soup, noodles, and vegetables garnished it with fresh cilantro, sliced green onion, and Hoisin Sauce.


After lunch I worked a bit more and watched the market surge to a 455 point gain and another 2% gain for my portfolio.  This is crazy and can not last with the pandemic spreading and 33 million people in the U.S. out of work.

Willy brought a piece of salmon by at 3:30 and Suzette took four additional salmon fillets out of the fridge, which we thawed in running water.  I made a recipe of teriyaki sauce by heating 1/3 cup each of sake, soy, and Aji Mirin plus 1 T. of sugar.

I then placed the five pieces of salmon in a 1 gallon freezer bag with the teriyaki sauce in the fridge to marinate.

Sushi Rice
A 7:00 we started cooking.  I made sushi rice with two cups of water and 1 cup of rice and and added to the rice pot 2 T. each of rice vinegar and Aji mirin and 1 T. of sugar to mimic the sauce for sushi.

I simmered the rice for about forty minutes until it was fully cooked and rather sticky.

Pan Sweated String Beans

I then made the string bean dish.  Suzette had bought a two lb. bag of beautiful haricot vert but som do the ends were not snapped of, so I cut the tough ends of and cut about ½ lb. of beans in half so they would be able to fit on a fork.  I the roasted a small handful of sliced almonds in a dry skillet until golden brown.  I removed the almonds from the pan and added 1 T. each of olive oil and butter
and added and sautéed the onion and then the garlic and finally the green beans.  After a few minutes I covered the skillet and sweated the ingredients in the skillet.

We also filled a pitcher with sake and heated it in a pot ½ filled with water.

Suzette grilled the salmon on the propane grill for about thirty minutes.

I made cups of green tea for Willy and me.

We had dinner ready ready by 8:00 and Willy arrived at 8:15 and we first showed him his gift from Suzette, two buckets filled with dirt and an assortment of herbs.






We then filled our plates and took them out to the garden table.


After dinner it became cooler so we went back inside and Suzette served the fresh blueberry cobbler she made to Willy and her with vanilla ice cream.

Willy left a little while later and Suzette and I watched the LA Philharmonic on Great Performances.

Suzette went to bed at 10:00 and I stayed up to blog and watch Amanpour at 11:00.

Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment