Tuesday, May 12, 2020

May 11, 2020 Lunch – PPI Garlic Eggplant with Sushi Rice Dinner – New Recipe Teriyaki Salmon, goat cheese, and Tabouli Quesadillas

May 11, 2020 Lunch – PPI Garlic Eggplant with Sushi Rice   Dinner – New Recipe  Teriyaki Salmon, goat cheese, and Tabouli Quesadillas

Lack of a menu plain often leads to New Recipes.  Tonight was more confirmation of that.

I ate whitefish on wholewheat Rolls sliced and toasted and smeared with cream cheese and garnished with onion slices for breakfast.

I watched Governor Cuomo’s press conference this morning, which has become must see TV for me.  He s always interesting and often informative.  Today he laid out a plan for re-opening NY’s economy region by region, while monitoring any increase in infections.

At noon I heated the PPI Garlic Eggplant with some of the remaining rice and and steamed Cauliflower and broccoli and
finished reading an interesting New Yorker article on how alumni of the CDC’s Epidemic Intelligence service knew a pandemic  outbreak had come to the US and how politicians pushed back on taking steps to stop its spread for a month or two.


I worked a bit in the afternoon and checked the market.  It was another mixed day with the Dow down and the NASDAQ up.  My portfolio ended up slightly more than .5% thanks manly to Apple and Moderna.

At 4:00 Suzette came home and at 4:30 I rode my bike 5 miles south. It was an easy ride South but I faved a strong headwind coming back north.

I am thankful that I am feeling more fit and less pain.

When I returned I ate a snack of hummus with pita chips and watched the news.

We discussed dinner but neither of us had a plan until Suzette suggested using the PPI teriyaki salmon to make fish tacos . I suggested quesadillas and Suzette replied, “How about a tabouli and Salomon quesadilla? Do we have goat cheese?”

So that became the menu.  We used four flour tortillas. Suzette spread avocado crema on one and the last f the hummus on the other and then sprinkled tabouli, cooked teriyaki salmon and goat cheese on both and buttered the outside of the tortilla so it would toast to a golden brown when sautéed.  She made a sandwich by laying a buttered tortilla on top of the bottom tortilla on which the ingredients rested and sautéed each quesadilla on both sides until the outside turned golden brown.  We slid each completed quesadilla onto a wooden cutting board and I cut each into four pieces and put two pieces on each of two plates.



I fetched two bottles of Sam Adams white ale from the garage fridge and In a few minutes we had a very tasty dinner.

After dinner we watched two more episodes of The Crown and enjoyed  a rather exciting short visit from Willy and his new friend Saba, who walked over to pick up a couple of bottles of wine.

Saba is lovely, seems smart, and is a nuclear nurse for the cancer treatment unit at Presbyterian Hospital.

After they left we continued watching the Crown, which chronicles the life of Elizabeth II.  We are at about 1955 nowhere season 1.

When the episode ended at 10:15 we went to bed.  The wind and scraping branches prevented us from enjoying a good night’s sleep the night before and we were both tired, so I finished this blog when I awakened refreshed at 5:15 a.m.
Dinner confirmed once again that an exciting new food experience can be created by joining together little bits of PPI ingredients into a new dish.

Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment