Wednesday, March 9, 2022

March 8, 2022 Lunch - PPI Grilled Swordfish kebab with BBQ Shrimp and Green Rice with Asparagus tips. Dinner - Sawmill Market and Van Gogh Immersion Exhibit

March 8, 2022 Lunch - PPI Grilled Swordfish kebab with BBQ Shrimp and Green Rice with Asparagus tips. Dinner - Sawmill Market and Van Gogh Immersion Exhibit

Today I started working at 4:00 and worked until 5:30.


Then I went back to sleep until 8:15.


I ate some granola with milk and yogurt and tropical fruit salad for breakfast.


Then I got ready and drove to my podiatry appointment.


I then drove to Costco, where I bought a salmon fillet, two cleaned Dungeness crabs, a lb. of baby organic spinach and D batteries.


When I returned home at 11:30 I heated the PPI Grilled Swordfish kebab with BBQ Shrimp and Green Rice with Asparagus tips and drank a cup of green tea with that for lunch.


After lunch I napped until 2:15.  When I checked the market at 2:45 it was up about .3%.  So a brief reprieve from the horror that war has inflicted on my portfolios.


I filed a Notice of Unavailability with the Court and drafted a motion to add an exhibit to my brief and sent that out for approval by the State and EBID.


I then watched some news and ate 1/2 apple and drank another cup of green tea.


Suzette arrived a bit before 5:00 and had a quick drink.  


We then drove to the Sawmill Market for dinner.  Sawmill is the large new food court across the street from Hotel Chaco.  Both are owned by Jim Long. And Jim Long had invited members of the Old Town Owners Association to see the Van Gogh Immersion Exhibit this evening, so we wanted to spend an evening out on the town.


When we arrived the Marketplace was bustling with people.  Almost every food and beverage vendor had lines of people waiting to order food or drinks.



We walked around and each decided what they wanted to order.  I ordered an Egg Roll noodle bowl for $11.80 at Kulantro Vietnamese Cuisine booth.




Suzette wanted fried seafood so she went to Salty Catch and ordered a lobster and shrimp basket.  What she received was a lobster poor boy and a side of French fries.  She told them she did not receive her proper order and they made her a fried breaded shrimp basket with a nice aioli. Suzette would not eat the bread and could eat only a fraction of the fried potatoes.




Suzette ordered a beer and a cherry flavored apple cider for me at Paxton’s Tap Room.  There were lots of tables and chairs, so there was no difficulty find a place to sit and eat.


After dinner we walked across Bellemah to the Van Gogh Immersion.  The admission was free thanks to an invitation from Jim Long.


We really enjoyed the exhibit.  The first part were quotes mainly Van Gogh about his art and struggle with mental illness.  The we walked into a large 3000 to 4000 square foot room filled with an extended continuous loop that projected multiple images of his art onto the walls and floor with music playing.









The Immersion exhibit was lovely.  We were amazed by how many of his pictures we had seen.


Finally, when the light and sound show reached the point where we had entered we left.


When we returned home we caught up on the news and I drank another cup of green tea and Suzette had a sip of the new cognac I gave her for Christmas.


We enjoyed our meal and the Van Gogh exhibit.


At 9:30 we went to bed, Suzette to sleep and I to blog.


Bon Appetit






No comments:

Post a Comment