Sunday, March 6, 2022

March 6, 2022 Brunch - Roasted Vegetable, Sausage and egg burrito. Dinner - Pot Roast with Roasted Root Vegetables and Sautéed Green beans, sliced mushrooms, and slivered almonds

March 6, 2022 Brunch - Roasted Vegetable, Sausage and egg burrito. Dinner - Pot Roast with Roasted Root Vegetables and Sautéed Green beans, sliced mushrooms, and slivered almonds


Today was a normal Sunday except I worked from 2:00 until 4:30.


I watched soccer and news from 6:45 until 10:00 and then the rest of the Manchester City v. Manchester United soccer match that Man City won 4 to 1.


Suzette made Roasted Vegetable, Sausage and egg burritos for brunch at 10:30.




Then I lay down to nap from 12:30 until 1:30 and Suzette worked at her desk.


I then walked 2/3 mile in the neighborhood at 1:30.


When I returned I worked on my brief until 4:30.


Dinner - the menu was simple, pot roast cooked with Roasted vegetables and Sautéed string beans with sliced mushrooms and slivered almonds.


I cubed an onion, two russet potatoes, a sweet potato, two rutabagas, and one turnip.


I then snapped the string beans and sliced two portobello mushrooms and fetched the slivered almonds for Suzette.


I then made a Delice sauce by whipping heavy cream and adding horseradish and salt to it.




Finally I opened a bottle of 2004 Argentinian Los Carlos Malbec. It was acidic at first but soon mellowed into a very drinkable wine.



Willy arrived at 6:30 and Suzette measured him for a new suit for Robin’s wedding.


When Mike arrived I sliced the roast and Suzette served dinner. 








P

The meat was tougher than the previous rib steak, but each bite was delightful with a dab of Delice sauce.


After dinner Willy left and we taste tested three cognacs with chocolates.


The three cognacs were the prior winner, Kelt VSOP p, Suzette’s Christmas gift from me ABK VSOP, and the newly acquired  Kirkland XO.


All three were very different and I think we all liked all of them for different reasons.


The Kelt was smooth and full bodied.  The ABK had a sharp spike and a slightly burning finish. And the XO was incredibly smooth with a floral finish but without much power.


All in all, a very good dinner.


Mike left at 9:30.


Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment