Wednesday, March 23, 2022

March 23, 2022 Brunch - Poached Eggs and Corned Beef Hash. Dinner - Pork Stroganoff with Egg Noodles

March  23, 2022 Brunch - Poached Eggs and Corned Beef Hash. Dinner - Pork Stroganoff with Egg Noodles


I woke up at 9:30 and did not start working until 11:30 after Suzette made a lovely Poached Eggs with Corned Beef Hash with finely diced Pasilla Chile, red bell pepper, and roasted potatoes plus diced corned beef. It was a lovely and delicious meal.




I worked until 4:00 on the brief and then made a cup of tea and two open faced sandwiches, one of salami and cheese  and the other peanut butter and honey.



Suzette came home while I was eating and said we needed to prune the fruit trees.  So we went out and pruned and then we planted more sugar snap pea in the raised bed we put up the steel frames.


We had discussed making stroganoff.  Suzette was hungry so she started on that while I finished working.


When I went to the kitchen she had already sliced the ball pepper, onion, and about 3/4 lb. of mushrooms.  All I had to do was to slice two boneless pork sirloin steaks. Suzette then sautéed all the ingredients and boiled the egg noodles until tender.


She then added 1/4 cup of white wine, 1/4 cup of diced tomatoes, and about 1/2 cup of sour cream to make a sauce.


The sauce was a bit thin and the pork was a bit tough but I loved the dish anyway with a minced Italian parsley garnish.



What was really good was the wine.  I had chilled a bottle of Alsatian Alberti Pinot Blanc which proved to be incredibly drinkable with a perfect balance between tannins and fruit. I bought it at z total Wine at a 25% or 30% discount not long ago.




After dinner we watched another episode of The Last Kingdom and Suzette went to bed at 9:30 and I stayed up to blog and read.


Bon Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment