Monday, March 28, 2022

March 26, 2022 Breakfast - Potato, bacon, Green onion, parsley, and cheese Omelet with Toast. Lunch - Hot Dog at Costco. Dinner - Vichyssoises with toast and Humboldt Fog Cheese

 March 26, 2022 Breakfast - Potato, bacon, Green onion, parsley, and cheese Omelet with Toast. Lunch - Hot Dog at Costco. Dinner - Vichyssoises with toast and Humboldt Fog Cheese


I worked on the brief most of the day. At least from 9:00 until 1:30 and 10:00 until 12:40 a.m. on Sunday and got a complete draft.


Suzette spent the morning at Willy’s fixing the decking on his patio and then went to Los Lunas.


She had a 9:30 appointment with her worker so as she gathered decking and other things she needed I made a Potato, bacon, Green onion, parsley, and cheese Omelet.  First, I fried three slices of bacon.  Then I sliced a potato into quarter rounds and fried the slices h the bacon fat.


Then I chopped a few sprigs of parsley and a green onion and whisked those two ingredients with four eggs and added about 1/2 tsp. of black truffle salt and a dash of white pepper.


I sliced seven or eight slices of Manchego cheese.  Then I melted two T. of butter in a non stick skillet and lay the golden brown potato slices in the bottom of the skillet.  Then I poured the egg mixture on top and sprinkled the crumbled fried bacon on top of the eggs and finally the cheese slices that covered the entire surface of the egg mixture.  Suzette soon arrived to my call and took over and flipped one side of the omelet onto the other side, while I made a cup of tea and toasted a slice of bread and buttered the toast and spread plum ham on the toast.



Suzette served the two fluffy omelet halves on separate plates and we watched the bombing of Lviv fuel depot in real time.


By 9:00 Suzette left for Willy’s and I started editing my brief.


When Suzette returned at 1:30 she was hungry, so I dressed and we drove to Costco to shop for a few essentials, including two baguettes, a wheel of brie, a wheel of Humboldt Fog, a container of spinach, a bag of asparagus plus an area rug for Willy”s patio.


As Suzette paid I ordered two hot dogs and two drinks and Suzette and I sat and ate a late lunch in the dining area.




We then drove across the street to Home Depot. I sat in the car reading news articles while Suzette shopped for plants and bought a cutting board for Willy’s outdoor cooking area on his patio.


When the helpers loaded those items we drove home.


It was almost 5:00 when we returned home so I peeled and sliced thinly four small russet potatoes and slices the white portion of three leeks.


The resulting ingredients equal approximately 1/2 of the recipe amount of  potato and leeks but the sliced amounts of each were in the same  relationship to each other as the recipe called for.


I put the slices into a large enameled casserole and covered the leeks and potato with water and added about 1/2 T. of dehydrated chicken stock.


I then partially covered the casserole with the lid and set the timer for 40 minutes and then went to take a shower while Suzette watched the casserole.


After 40 minutes I was still in shower when Suzette came to I check what to do next.


She knew what to do, check to see if the ingredients were cooked , then emulsify the soup with the hand held blender, and then added heavy cream. 


When I arrived in the kitchen I opened the bottle of 2012 Wellington Roussanne.  It had started to turn to sherry but was still drinkable with a few cubes of ice to dilute the bitterness.



I chopped some parsley and we garnished bowls of Vichyssoise and enjoyed the soup with toasted rounds of baguette spread with Humboldt Fog. 


Suzette’s idea to water the stems we trimmed from the fruit trees turned out beautifully. We will enjoy them for a week on our dining table.




Bon Appetit 





No comments:

Post a Comment