Tuesday, March 1, 2022

February 28, 2022 Lunch - Tropical fruit salad and yogurt and Beef, Lentil and Barley soup with Corn Bread. Dinner - beef sausages, sauerkraut and country fried potato cubes

February 28, 2022 Lunch - Tropical fruit salad and yogurt and Beef, Lentil and Barley soup with Corn Bread.  Dinner - beef sausages, sauerkraut and country fried potato cubes


I awakened and drove Suzette to her eye surgery at 6:45.


After I delivered her to the surgery I drove home and ate a toasted bagel spread with cream cheese and garnished with thin slices of red onion, Gravad lax, and capers with a cup of Earl Grey tea.


At 9:00 I picked Suzette up after her surgery and drove her to Starbucks for her morning cup of coffee and then home.


She lay in bed and worked on her telephone while I worked at my desk until 1:00. I had had a stomach ache, probably due to the Gravad lax going bad, so I ate tropical fruit salad and yogurt.


When I began to feel better I ate the last two bowls of beef, lentil, and barley soup and the last corn muffin.



I felt better and worked until 4:30 when Suzette suggested we walk.


We walked the middle circle and when we returned we rested and watched the news on TV.


There is a four mile long convoy of Russian troops, equipment, and soldiers making its way toward Kiev, so things do not look good.


We decided to cook hot dogs with sauerkraut and make the cubed cottage fries like we ate at Stapleton Airport.


I worked until 6:30 and Suzette cooked the sausages (hot dogs) in beer and then added the sauerkraut to it and fried the cubed potato’s in a different skillet and she steamed a dozen asparagus.



We ate dinner with a bottle of Negra Modelo.  This is my favorite type of German meal; a sausage boiled in beer and sautéed until the skin crisps served with sauerkraut and a type of potato and a green vegetable.


We went to bed at 8:30.


And I awakened at 9:30 to take my pills and vitamins and then blogged until 10:30.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment