Wednesday, March 30, 2022

March 30, 2022 Lunch - PPI Corned Beef, sauerkraut, potatoes, and carrots. Dinner - Roast Chicken and Spinach, green bean, asparagus, and shallot Couscous

March  30, 2022 Lunch - PPI Corned Beef, sauerkraut, potatoes, and carrots. Dinner - Roast Chicken and Spinach, green bean, asparagus, and shallot Couscous


We awakened at 7:15 after 7 hours f sleep.  I worked at my desk until 10:30 when I ate a bowl of granola, milk, blueberries, and yogurt.


I then finished my brief by 12:30 and sent it to Sally for final review.


At 1:30 I watched the market close and heated the PPI Corned Beef, sauerkraut, potatoes, and carrots.  Not a particularly delicious dish because it was a bit dried out but very filling.  The market went down today and I lost a little more than half of what I gained yesterday.  My oil stock, PXD, hit an all time high today of $257.00 that helped dampen the blow of the high tech sell-off.


I then filed the brief and it was accepted.


The coolest thing that happened today was the order granted by the Court of appeals regarding the two exhibits I am trying to add to the record.  The Court granted an abeyance on its decision until its final disposition of the case to see If it will grant my motion to add the exhibit.


At 4:00 I showered and dressed and at 4:40 walked to the bank and withdrew some money for the trip.


When I returned home I was tired and rested and watched the news.


Suzette arrived a few minutes after I returned with a tarragon and lemon stuffed roasted chicken from the bistro. I decided to use as many of the vegetables we had left to add tip-off couscous.  I minced a shallot, diced five asparagus, diced the last 1/4 red bell pepper, and snapped the few good green beans we had left.


I then sautéed the vegetables in 3 T. of butter until they were slightly cooked.  Then I added 12 oz. of couscous and tossed it in the buttery mixture.  Then I added 18 oz. of boiling water and cooked the mixture about three or four minutes.  Then I turned down the heat and cooked the mixture for another four or five minutes.  Then I turned the heat off and added a handful of spinach.reheated the chicken in the microwave for about 5 minutes. 





While the chicken was heating I went to the garage and fetched a bottle of Italian Pinot Grigio and opened it. I think I bought it for $7.99 at Trader Joe’s. We ate some more of the PPI mango salsa with dinner.


After dinner I made a cup of tea and opened the new package of sandwich cookies similar to Oreo’s and ate four.


After Suzette finished working she came in and sipped a cognac and we watched another bloody episode of the Last Kingdom.


I think I have figured out the plot, so it was exciting tip-off see the first step in  my proposed plot appear in tonight’s episode.


We started packing at 9:20 and went to bed at 10:00.


Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment