Tuesday, March 15, 2022

March 15, 2022 Lunch - Posole and Tamale Mush. Dinner - Brat, Black bean, pimiento, Pasilla, and zucchini with rice

 March 15, 2022 Lunch - Posole and Tamale Mush. Dinner - Brat, Garbanzo beans, Refried Black beans, pimiento, Pasilla, and zucchini with rice


Today the Market turned up with a vengeance, a 3% day for me.


I did not eat any breakfast because I worked on my brief from 6:30 to 11:00 with the filing of the motion for injunctive relief thrown in.


Then I heated the PPI Posole and tamale from yesterday with some water thrown to give it a soupy texture.  I also toasted and buttered a flour tortilla and drank water.


Then I napped until 2:30 and tried to set up my new computer until 4:00 and then went to the bank and then Smith’s for milk which was $.87 per 1/2 gallon. I bought some big beautiful asparagus for $.87/lb with a rain check. I also bought a corn beef, some vine ripe tomatoes, two bottles of tonic water, and some sauerkraut plus some green beans and shallots and a box of pecan sandies for $1.19.


The only mistake I made was buying 4 roller ball pens for $6.99, thinking they were $4.99.


Suzette was home when I arrived around 5:30 and helped me bring in the groceries.


We had three brats we wanted to eat and Suzette got creative.  We also had four partially rotted zucchinis that needed heavy surgery to salvage, so Suzette decided to made a Mexican stir fry with refried black beans and the brats instead of chorizo, plus a pimiento, a can of garbanzo beans, some pasilla chili and the zucchini pieces.  


Suzette also made some rice flavored with beef bouillon and chopped fresh cilantro.


It was a truly unique meal and so delicious we both took seconds.





We drank Negra Modelo beers with dinner.


After dinner we watched some news from Ukraine and then the last episode of the first season of The Last Kingdom.


At 9:00 I worked on the brief for a while and Suzette went to bed.


I went to bed at 12:00 midnight, which I guess is 11:00.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment