Wednesday, March 2, 2022

March 1, 2022 Lunch - Salad with cheese and salami sandwiches. Mardi Gras Dinner - BBQ Shrimp and green rice with asparagus and Pecan tartlets

March 1, 2022 Lunch - Salad with cheese and salami sandwiches. Mardi Gras Dinner - BBQ Shrimp and green rice with asparagus and Pecan tartlets


I worked from 4:00 until 5:30 and then slept until 8:00.


The market was down today, so I worked on the brief until 12:30 with a break at 10:30 for a bowl of tropical fruit salad with yogurt and granola At 12:30 i got dressed and at 1:00 drove Suzette to her post op eye exam.


While she was being examined I drove to Sprouts and bought green beans, chocolate covered peanuts, a swordfish steak, milk, and cremini mushrooms.


When we returned home I was hungry and made a salad with lettuce, a diced tomato and cucumber, and red onion slices.  I also toasted three small slices of French baguette and garnished them with Jarlsberg cheese and salami.



I was hungry so I enjoyed lunch and it revived my energy.


I worked until 4:30 and then napped until 5:20.


At 6:00 we started dinner. I went to the garden and picked 1/2 tsp. of thyme and 4 sprigs of Rosemary.  I then minced about 1/2 cup of fresh parsley while Suzette snapped and diced about 12 stalks of asparagus.


Suzette then made the Paul Prudhomme seasoning for the shrimp, a mixture of paprika, black pepper, oregano, thyme, rosemary, and salt.


I made a cup of dashi for the sauce.


Then we made the rice Suzette boiled four cups of water with the parsley and asparagus pieces and when that came to a boil I added two cups of rice .  I covered the pot and turned down the heat to the lowest setting and cooked the rice for 31 minutes.



Suzette then started cooking the shrimp.  She melted butter in two large casseroles and then added the seasoning and then the dashi to make a poaching medium and then added the shrimp.



Jim and Diane arrived at 6:30 with a cooler full of Louisiana beer and a tray with ten lovely pecan tartlets.



Willy called and said he would arrive by 7:00.  Jim made Diane an Old Fashion. I drank a kir and Jim started drinking beer.  When Willy arrived Suzette filled pasta bowls with a cup of rice and lots of shrimp and sauce.  We put toasted baguettes on the table and began eating just as the State of the Union Speech began.  We did more talking than listening, but generally liked the speech.




After dinner we ate two of Diane’s mini pecan pie tartlets each.




Then we moved up into the TV viewing area and Suzette served limoncello in liquor glasses over crushed ice.


Willy left and then at 9:30 Jim and Diane left.


It was a lovely meal and a lovely evening.


Bon Appetit 



No comments:

Post a Comment