Friday, March 4, 2022

March 4, 2022 Brunch - Bagel with cheese and cod fish roe.  Snack - Granola and tropical fruit salad and yogurt Dinner - Oysters and a Mushroom and cheese Omelet


My stomach was still queasy today so I ate a bagel spread with cod roe and slices of Gouda cheese that I melted upon the oven.




Later, my stomach was still feeling uneasy, so at 4:00 I ate a bowl of granola with tropical fruit salad and yogurt.  That seemed to settle my stomach, so when Suzette called at 5:00 to ask if I wanted oysters, I said, “Yes.”


I called Mark in the seafood department at Whole Foods and ordered three dozen oysters on the half shell, one dozen each of Kusshi, Wellfleet, and a Virginia oyster.


I called Suzette and she picked up the oysters and bought a box of saltine crackers.  When Suzette arrived I stopped working and while she made cocktail sauce with catsup, horseradish, and lemon, I fetched a bottle of Emma Riechard German Riesling.



The wine was much drier than I had thought it would be.  It tasted a lot like the Lamontreaux Riesling last night.


We each ate our 18 oysters with cocktail sauce and crackers and then Suzette suggested making a simple mushroom omelet. I’m sliced one white and one Cremini mushroom into thin slices and two green onions into thin slices.


Suzette whisked three eggs and seasoned them with truffle salt.


While Suzette scrambled the eggs with the sautéed mushroom and green onion slices.


I chopped about 1/4 cup of parsley that we used to garnish the scrambled eggs.




I hoped my stomach liked the simple but elegant dinner.


We then got depressed watching the war in Ukraine so at 8:30 we went to bed and I blogged this entry and read some of the book club selection for this month.


Bon Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment