Thursday, March 10, 2022

March 10, 2022 Lunch - East Ocean Dinner - Poached Salmon, Spinach in Cream Sauce, and Sautéed Buttered Potatoes

March 10, 2022 Lunch - East Ocean   Dinner - Poached Salmon, Spinach in Cream Sauce, and Sautéed Buttered Potatoes 

I got 7 hours of sleep last night for a change.


I ate granola, milk, yogurt, and tropical fruit salad for breakfast around 9:00.


Th market went down again today after its huge rise yesterday.  I should be selling on the rise and buying on the next day dip.


Peter Eller e mailed me to suggest lunch. I responded that I could but wanted to eat healthy food.


He said he would arrive at 11:30.


He did arrive at 11:30 and asked me to drive in the mini, which I did.


We decided upon East Ocean because I knew I could order Fried Tofu and Mixed Vegetables.


Peter said he needed to eat fish, so when we arrived saw flounder on the menu for $21.99, which seemed excessive until the fish was served. It was huge and filled the platter, steamed and floating in a soy, peanut oil, scallion and ginger sauce and served with a container of steamed rice.


                              The center bone and bottom of the flounder


There was enough flounder to satisfy me and Peter and a portion of leftovers for another meal.


Soon the platter of fried tofu and mixed vegetables arrived and we added some of those to our plates.


                                                                       My plate

The 

                                                The fried tofu and mixed vegetables


We ate until full and I packed the remaining food in two boxes with rice.


Peter tried and liked the fried tofu for the first time today, which I thought was cute.


After lunch we went home and Peter helped me hang the map of France he gave me in the wine cellar and then left.


I watched the Market close and was saved from total disaster by an increase of Amazon of $150.00 due to an announcement of a 20 for 1 stock split and a $10 billion dollar buy back and a $5.00:increase in Air BNB. I still loss about 1/2 of yesterday’s gain.


I drafted and filed a Motion with the Court of Appeals in my appeal at 4:58 and then meditated from 5:00: to 5:30.


I went to the bedroom and watched the news with Suzette and discussed the menu.  I suggested poaching two salmon steaks and using the poaching medium to make a cream sauce and then cooking spinach in the cream sauce and serving that with buttered new potatoes dusted with minced fresh parsley.  


Suzette agreed to the menu and at 6:00 we began to cook.


The poached Salmon


 I fetched a 2003 Pacific Coast Sauvignon Blanc that I found in the cellar a couple of days ago.  I had started to go to sherry, but was perfect for the poaching medium of butter, water, and white wine.


Suzette did not want to drink the white, so I opened a bottle of 2016 Benton Lane pinot noir rose from the southern Willamette Valley, just north of Eugene. MIT was still drinking really well, so I poured two glasses of it.


After about ten minutes the salmon was steamed.




The creamed Spinach


 Suzette removed the two fillets from the pan and poured the poaching medium into a 2 cup measuring cup.


Suzette then made a roux by cooking 1 T. of flour and about 1 1/2 T. of butter for three minutes.


Suzette then added the poaching medium and then I added 2 T. of whole milk to get the sauce get to runny but creamy, just right.


She then added about two cups of spinach leaves and cooked them in the cream sauce covered with a wok cover.




The Buttered Potatoes 


Suzette cubed a handful of new potatoes and then boiled them until tender.  When the potatoes were soft and cooked, we tossed them in the cream sauce and dusted them with fresh chopped parsley.



After a while the dinner was ready and it was really delicious.



After dinner Suzette made the crab soup by sautéing chopped onion and celery and then adding frozen corn kernels and 1 1/2 cups of fresh Dungeness crab we had picked from the shell.  Suzette will add ribbles to finish the soup tomorrow.


Later I drank a sip of Calvados with two Godiva Truffles and Suzette had a cognac.


We watched two episodes of The Last Kingdom on Netflix and at 10:00 Suzette went to bed and I blogged.


Bon Appetit















No comments:

Post a Comment