Tuesday, March 22, 2022

March 21, 2022 Lunch - sautéed Potstickers and seaweed salad. Dinner - Old Town Pizzeria

March 21, 2022 Lunch - sautéed Potstickers and seaweed salad.  Dinner - 

Old Town Pizzeria


I spent most of the day editing the brief.  I did not eat breakfast again.


By 11:30 I was hungry, so I sautéed 9 potstickers in peanut oil. I made a dipping sauce of soy, sesame oil, and a bit of garlic chili sauce and put a dollop of seaweed salad on the plate.



Aaron called and came by with the check for Railway Land and I gave him a potsticker.


I thawed 2 pork steaks for Weiner schnitzel.


At 4:00 I walked to the bank and deposited the check and made the two transfers.


When I returned I worked until Suzette came home at 6:00.


She had gone uptown the doctor and gotten her second shingles shot and her arm hurt and she was tired so she suggested that we order pasta from Old Town Pizzeria, which is located near the house  at the corner of Rio Grande and Central.


She brought up their menu on her phone and we decided on Vera cella with artichokes in a pesto sauce and baked Penne with meatballs.


When Suzette called at 6:50 we were told that the restaurant closes at 7:00.


Suzette negotiated with the owner for a minute and he agreed to prepare a take out order for us.


We ordered those for the total cost of $22.60 and I drove and picked up the order.  When I arrived at the restaurant a few minutes after 7:00 there were still customers eating, so I did not apologize too much and the owner did not seem upset at all.


I guess we both realized that our order was not meant for anyone else and represented another sale.


In a minute the order came out from the kitchen.


The pastas were generous portions packed 9 inch round aluminum dishes covered with a plastic top and very warm.


When I returned home Suzette had set the table and opened and poured glasses of Aquino Riserva Chianti ($5.99 at Trader Joe’s).


Suzette spooned piles o& each pasta onto a plate and we ate as much as we wished and barely ate 1/3 of the pastas so we will be able to get two more meals from the pastas.



After the meal we still had glasses of wine left as we poured out the bottle so I toasted two slices of Sage baguette and spread butter on them and slices of brie cheese for a cheese course.  


I then drank a sip of grappa with two of the new chocolate coated graham wafers covered with peanut butter.  The cookies are nice but not a new winner.


We watched two episodes of Anyiwue Roadshow and then Suzette went to bed at 9:00


I returned to my brief and finished my first draft of the brief at 10:00 and went to bed.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment