Monday, March 7, 2022

March 7, 2022 Lunch - PPI Schwein Schnitzel with Egg Noodles. Dinner - Leftover Duck Leg Soup with Rice

March 7, 2022 Lunch - PPI Schwein Schnitzel with Egg Noodles.  Dinner -  Leftover Duck Leg Soup with Rice

Today was a day of eating leftovers instead of cooking.


The market had a terrible day as the war in Ukraine raged on.


It looks like the strategy of NATO seems to be to provide Ukraine the latest anti-tank and ground to air missiles to try to help Ukraine save its country from the Russian invasion.


I ate my usual breakfast of granola with milk and yogurt and tropical fruit salad around 9:00.



I then did yoga from 11:00 to 12:00.


After yoga I drove to Talin and bought seaweed salad, a Norwegian Mackerel and a bottle of Swad mixed pickle.


I then drove home and heated the two small slices of Schwein Schnitzel and the leftover egg noodles that we ate with them. 


When the food was heated I added a few spoonfuls of horseradish cream sauce left from Sunday night’s pot roast dinner to flavor the noodles.


It was a delicious lunch.p, especially because I drank the last of the Lamoreaux Landing  2018 dry Riesling,




After lunch at 1:45 the film crew came to scout the premises for their shoot that is now going to be on Friday afternoon and paid the $600.00 location fee.


When they left at 3:00 I lay down to rest my sore muscles and joints.


I awakened at 4:10 when Suzette came home and worked a bit more until 5:15 when I realized I late for a 5:00 meeting at Church St. Cafe of those who wanted to organize an Old Town Association.


When I returned home around 6:00 Suzette had eaten her leftover lunch from 2000 Vietnam Restaurant on Saturday, flour sheets with shrimp, grilled pork and egg rolls. 


Since Suzette was not hungry I decided to eat the remaining 1/3 of the Duck Leg soup I had ordered Saturday.


It was delicious but most of the rice noodles were gone.


A little later Suzette suggested a snack of pop corn. She popped a bag of pop corn that we split.


We then watched a segment of “I’ll eat what Phil eats.”


And then the news until 8:00 when Suzette watched a home improvement show and I went to bed to blog this entry and read.


It was a great day of getting in touch with my body and leftovers.


Let me say why I love the yoga I am doing with Avery.  Often she picks a modified yoga posture that I can get into and then she moves my body with her body so I either achieve the necessary stretch to loosen the tightness in my muscles or to properly align my body so I can experience the proper alignment of my body.  Both are extremely helpful.



Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment