Tuesday, March 22, 2022

March 22, 2022 Lunch - 2000 Vietnam. Dinner - PPI Baked Penne with meatball

 March 22, 2022 Lunch - 2000 Vietnam. Dinner - PPI Baked Penne with meatball


It finally became clear to me today that Suzette takes a bi-polar view of wine.  There are only two categories, good and undrinkable.


There is also an easy way to tell which category a wine fits.  If Suzette keeps drinking until the bottle is finished the wine is good.  If she refuses another glass, it is undrinkable.


Suzette’s categorization reminds me of my old fried Ed Louden who started Bacchus Distributing.  Ed used to say, “Life is too short to drink bad wine.”  Of course that was easy for Ed to say because Bacchus distributed labels like Drouhin.  


Today I ate a bowl of blueberries and yogurt for breakfast.


I went with Willy to 2000 Vietnam for Linch.  Willy ordered his favorite, No. 30, Bun Cha Gio with grilled pork, and I ordered my new favorite, No. 68, Duck Leg  soup with rice noodles.  


Willy’s flight to Houston this morning was canceled due to tornado warnings in Houston, which appear to have been well founded.  There was a tornado in Houston today.


I was full from the big bowl of noodles and duck, so I was not hungry until around 8:30 when I heated some of the baked Penne with meatball and opened a bottle of 2018 Villa Alberti Valpolicella Superiore.  I don’t know how I got it but it was a really lovely dry red wine.  Suzette’s comment confirmed that.  She said, “It’s good.” 


We watched the senate confirmation hearing for Judge Jackson and then another episode of The Last Kingdom.  I guess its underlying theme is if you are not able to defend yourself from all, you will be crushed.


I wonder if the Ukrainians ever think it was a bad idea to give up their nukes. 


I wonder if the American administration thinks it was a bad idea for Ukraine to have given up their nukes.


We know what the Russians think because they would not be acting the way they are now if Ukraine still had its nukes.


Unfortunately, this appears to be a lesson to all world leaders that the only way to assure survival is to develop nukes.


Bon Appetit 




No comments:

Post a Comment