Friday, March 11, 2022

March 11, 2022 Lunch - Duck Leg Soup Dinner - Crab and Corn Soup with cheese and wine

 March 11, 2022 Lunch - Duck Leg Soup   Dinner - Crab and Corn Soup with cheese and wine


Today there was a film shoot at our house and since Cyndy is the director of the film office for Albuquerque she reached out to me and said she might be by to check out the shoot, so I invited her and Dan over for wine and cheese and Crab Soup.


I started the day re-filing my motion to add an exhibit to my appeal case and eating a bowl of granola, yogurt, milk, and tropical fruit salad.


At noon I got ready for the shoot starting at 12:30.  After they got set up I added three Vietnamese dumplings, some spinach, and a sliced mushroom to the leftover duck leg soup from my lunch at 2000 Vietnam and ate it around 1:00.


There were about twenty-five people plus lots of equipment all afternoon and into the evening, so I retreated to the bedroom and read my book club selection for March during the afternoon.  






I called Suzette at 5:00 and she said she could not get into the house so she drove to Marble Brewery for a beer.


I asked her to pick up a loaf of bread at Bosque Bakery on her way home.


Suzette arrived around 5:45 with a fresh loaf of Sunflower bread from Bosque Bakery.


Soon after Suzette arrived, Dan arrived with a bottle of Spanish Cava.


Then as the film crew was clearing out, Cyndy came in bearing a Sage Bakery sour dough baguette.  The menu became clear.  


Crab Soup


We started with bowls of crab, corn, and asparagus soup with which we drank the Cava.  It seemed little syrupy to me, but it had good bubbles.


Then while Cyndy and Suzette cut slices of baguette and bread, Dan and I looked through the wine fridge and decided upon a De Cote 2013 Tempranillo/Shiraz red from Mexico.





A good Mexican wine is a very special animal and we all agreed that this smooth wine with a clean finish was a very special wine.


Suzette and Cyndy put the cheese board on the table with chunks of brie, goat, and blue cheese. Along side the cheese was the butter container and a plate with duck pate.




Later we made White Earl Grey tea and I warmed the Swedish desserts that I love, marzipan wrapped around a tube core of punch rum ball filing dipped in chocolate to seal the ends.


We ate and sipped until 10:00.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment