Wednesday, March 16, 2022

March 16, 2022 Lunch - PPI Brats, Potatoes, and cabbage. Dinner - 1/2 of a Ruben Sandwich and Caesar Salad

March 16, 2022 Lunch - PPI Brats, Potatoes, and cabbage. Dinner - 1/2 of a Ruben Sandwich and Caesar Salad


I did nor eat breakfast again today. I am on a weight loss regimen.


I worked until noon and then heated the PPI Brats, Mashed Potatoes and sautéed cabbage. It was another ugly mass of food.  Eating today felt like I was eating to live, rather than living to eat, although I did add bits of the Horseradish and whipped cream into 

And Whipped cream asauce the 


I drank a small glass of the delightful Herman Wiemer dry Rose with lunch that was the best part of the meal.




I had been watching the market before lunch.  It took off into the stratosphere and then before Fed Chair Powell spoke, it tumbled back to no gain.  Then as he spoke the market took off again and did not slow down until the close. I guess traders assured by Powell’s calm demeanor and words that the fed will slow inflation gradually until it returns to its target of 2% per year, which may not occur for several years.


The result was another stellar day with my portfolios gaining another 3%.


Until two days ago, I had lost all of last year’s gain in the last two months, but I regained 1/6 of that loss in the last two days. Hallelujah.


At 4:00 I walked the three blocks to Southwest Capital Bank and deposited a check.  When I returned I took two pork chops out to thaw but they had not thawed by 6:00.


When I returned I worked until Suzette wanted to cook dinner at 6:00.


She had brought home a Rueben Sandwich that is a weekly special at the Greenhouse Bistro this week and suggested making a Caesar Salad and splitting the sandwich.


I diced two of the fresh vine ripe tomatoes while Suzette chopped a head of romaine lettuce.  We pried the teak salad bowl from the bottom of the big bowl and then added the lettuce and tomatoes to the bowl and then Suzette grated some Pecorino-Romano cheese into the bowl and I flipped several anchovies fillets.  I then freshened the Caesar salad dressing with juice of 1/2 lemon and an egg whisked in. I then dressed the salad while Suzette buttered the two outside 1/2’s of the sandwich and sautéed each side until the sandwich was warmed.


I poured the rest of the dry rose and we ate a pleasant dinner with a delicious salad and watched the news.




Now Suzette has copied my bad behavior and started yelling at the news.


At 8:00 we decided to watch the first episode of season 2 of The Last Kingdom.


We went to bed at 9:00.  Suzette slept and I blogged and read my book club book until 11:00


Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment