Wednesday, October 25, 2023

October 25, 2023 Brunch - Ground Bonito, scrambled Eggs, and Cheese. Snack - Old Town Tap Room, Beef Sliders. Dinner - PPI Duck and fruit stew with pasta and Calabacitas

October 25, 2023 Brunch - Ground Bonito, scrambled Eggs, and Cheese. Snack - Old Town Tap Room, Beef Sliders. Dinner - PPI Duck and fruit stew with pasta and Calabacitas 


I woke up early and watched the news and rode one mile on the bike.


Then I slept until 8:30 and took out the trash.


We cleaned our bedroom a bit and at 10:00 Suzette scrambled eggs with the rest of the ground bonito and cheese.


We toasted slices of baguette that I buttered and spread with orange marmalade and I drank a cup of tea with my breakfast.



Pretty soon my gut reacted and I had a diarrhea attack that cleaned out my lower tract.


I had a client come and after we met at 1:30 I lay down and napped until 3:30.


At 5:00 we went to the Chartroom at Broadbent and sampled their cider and did not think it tasted like Spanish cider.  I recommended the blood orange cider at Old Town Tap Room, so we went there and like the cider.


We decided to try the new restaurant so ordered the beef and cheese sliders that are made with buns baked at the restaurant. They were delicious. I particularly liked the jalapeño flavored pickles.



We then drove home around 6:30 and soon heated the PPI Duck with fruit stew with the PPI pasta in the microwave and heated the PPI Calabacitas on the stove.


We called Willy and invited him for dinner.


I opened a bottle of Kirkland Spanish Rioja Reserva and toasted two slices of Bosque sourdough bread.


When Willy came Suzette plated pasta, duck stew and Calabacitas and we had a hearty dinner.


The news was filled with reports of an active shooter in Lewiston, Maine, so we watched the last episode of Season 3 of Lupin and went to bed.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment