Monday, October 30, 2023

October 30, 2023 Lunch - M’Tucci’s Dinner - PPI Duck and fruit stew with Potatoes Savoyard and Asparagus

October 30, 2023 Lunch - M’Tucci’s  Dinner - PPI Duck and fruit stew with Potatoes Savoyard and Asparagus 


We slept in a bit this morning; Suzette until 7:30 and I until 8:00.


After Suzette left bought another 100 shares of Enphase.


I ate two Belgium Chocolate Crepes at 10:00 with a cup of chai.


Then at 12:00 I drove to M’Tucci’s to meet Suzette and Linda for lunch.


P.J. Lucero was sitting at the next table and I said hello to her and her friend.


Suzette and Linda ordered Cassoulet which was a large bowl of cannellini beans, potatoes and two sausages.



I ordered a lunch with a. 1/2 order of rigatoni and Italian sausage with a tomato burrata sauce and Tuscan bean soup.





Suzette also ordered a white wine.


When the meal was served I found it odd that both the cassoulet and my rigatoni had a layer of mashed potatoes.  When I took a bite of the Tuscan bean soup it was so heavily seasoned with green chili and black pepper that I could not eat it.


I asked for a Cesar salad instead, but when it was brought and I asked if it had been seasoned with black pepper the waitress took it back and brought me another salad.


I ate the second salad, although it also was pungent with chili or black pepper.


A memorable dining experience.


I went home after lunch and Willy was doing his laundry and helped me take delivery of a box of six Pinot Noir wines from Calstar.


I then walked to the bank and made a deposit.


When I returned home at 3:30 Suzette was at home. I lay down and rested and took a short nap from 4:15 to 4:45.


Willy came back to fetch his laundry at 6:00 and ate Suzette’s leftover Cassoulet from lunch for his dinner.


At 6:15 we started watching game three of the World Series and Monday Night Football between the Las Vegas Raiders and the Detroit Lions.


At 7:00 Suzette heated the PPI Duck and fruit (apple, plum, and quince) stew with the PPI Potatoes Savoyard and steamed the remaining ten stalks of asparagus.



Suzette drank the last glass of Bordeaux and I drank the last glass of De Ponte 2019 Pinot Noir Reserve.




I ate a slice of Havarti with dill to finish my Pinot and later ate three squares of chocolate with almonds with a sip of Suzette’s Chevalier cognac to finish a lovely dinner.


I was pleased that the Rangers won the World Series game 3 and Detroit was very impressive and won. With this win I believe Detroit has the second best record this year in the NFL of 6 and 2.


Suzette went to bed after the Rangers won at 9:00 and I stayed up until Detroit won.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment