Thursday, October 12, 2023

October 12, 2023 Brunch - Bagel with cream cheese, onion, and Gravad lax. Snack - Dunkin Donuts Blueberry muffin and coffee con Leche

October 12, 2023 Brunch - Bagel with cream cheese, onion, and Gravad lax. Snack - Dunkin Donuts Blueberry muffin and coffee con Leche

Snack - Herring sandwiches, Dinner - salmon and tuna Poke with steamed snow Peas and sushi rice


I woke up at 8:30.


I showered and dressed and toasted 1/2 bagel into two slices and toasted them.  I then smeared the bagels with cream cheese and garnished them with thinly sliced onions and Gravad lax with a cup of chai.




Then at 11:30 I drove to Dunkin Donuts to meet Rahim and we worked until 12:45 when I drove to my 1:00 appointment with Dr. Bungo. My blood pressure was 130 over 70 and my A1C was 6.2, down from 6.5.


I am in better shape than I have been since my operation in January and was helped by the trip to Spain.


After the appointment I drove to Cafe Istanbul and bought mint kefir, black olives, nutmegs, dolmas, and labni.


I then drove home at 3:00.


At 3:45 I made poke for dinner.  I cubed the two salmon steaks and 1 tuna steak and added 1 cup of soy, 2 T. of sesame oil, 1 T. of toasted sesame seeds, and 3/4 cup of thinly sliced green onions.


At 4:00 I watched Ari and at 5:00 I made three herring sandwiches and checked my portfolio. It was down .05%.




Aaron, Monica, and Alexi came by.  I offered them dill pickles, Gravad lax, and a taste of Aalborg Jubileum Aquavit.


After they left I made sushi rice with dashi and seaweed and Suzette snapped the ends and removed the ribs.


I added 1 tsp. of dashi concentrate and some dried seaweed to the rice water and then 1 cup of rice.


Suzette then plated a lovely bowl of rice covered with poke and topped with steamed snow peas.




I drank white vermouth with slices of orange and Suzette drank red wine.


After dinner we watched Midsomer Mystery until 10:00 when Suzette went to sleep and I blogged and watched news until 12:00 midnight to hear Yuval Harari, the great Israeli historian.


Bon Appetit











No comments:

Post a Comment