Thursday, October 19, 2023

October 19, 2023 Breakfast - Lax and Bagel. Lunch - Pita Pockets Sandwiches and Pickles. Dinner - Posole and Calabacitas

October 19, 2023 Breakfast - Lax and Bagel. Lunch - Pita Pockets Sandwiches and Pickles. Dinner - Posole and Calabacitas 


This may not seem like a perfect day of food, but it was for me.


I was a good balance of more carbs than protein and not huge amounts of food with a fair amount of exercise.


I toasted two slices of bagel and spread them with cream cheese and garnished them with slices of onion, grave lax and capers and drank a cup of cardamom tea with milk for breakfast.




 Then I helped Suzette load a table into her SUV.  


I got dressed and helped Shahin draft an agreement.


Then I walked to the country club and back.  When I returned I drank another cup of tea and ate two chocolate wafer cookies.


Around noon I drove to the library to pick up the Steve Jobs biography by Walter Isaacson and then drove to Highland Pharmacy and got my Covid booster.


I then drove to the County Building and picked up Probate documents.


Finally, I went to Bosque Bakery and bought a small loaf of South Valley Sour Dough bread.


When I returned home I made a simple lunch. I heated a pita, cut it in half and stuffed each half with slices of Roma tomato and roast pork, labni, and tzatziki. I ate four pickles and drank a glass of Clamato with the juice of 1/2 lime.




After lunch I checked the market and what looked like in the morning had turned into a rout by the end of the day at 2:00 and a loss.


I then worked on Rahim’s transaction until 5:45.


At 6:00 I watched the President’s address to the nation and then we made a simple dinner.


Dinner - Suzette brought home a 32 oz. container of Posole from the bistro.  It was the style served at Barelas Cooffee Shop, red chili with chunks of pork and Posole.  We heated the Calabacitas I made last night and filled bowls with Posole and Calabacitas and each heated a flour tortilla and Suzette fetched Negra Modelo beers and we had a great New Mexico dinner.


Suzette then judged art submitted for the judged art exhibit to be held in the near future at the Albuquerque Art Museum and she then went to bed at 9:30.


I stayed up and watched the news, some football, some of game four between the Houston Astros and the Rangers until Houston pulled ahead 9 to 3.


The most exciting news of the day was Sidney Powell reaching a plea deal with Fani Willis in the Fulton County voting fraud case. Powell agreed to plead guilty to 6 misdemeanors, write an apology to the citizens of Georgia, pay restitution of $6,000, and testify truthfully if called a witness in any proceeding.


This creates tremendous exposure for not only her, but the other defendants including Rudy Giuliani and Donald Trump.


She may have further liability, because she if an un-indicted co-conspirator with Donald Trump in the January 6th criminal trial and she is a named defendant in the Dominion lawsuit and one other lawsuit by a voting machine company I think.


So telling the truth may get her into a lot of trouble.


Having plead guilty may also result in her being disbarred from practicing law.


Here is a short excerpt from an article regarding her disbarment.


“Attorney ethics rules in Texas require disbarment for "serious crimes," a category that includes "any misdemeanor involving theft, embezzlement, or fraudulent or reckless misappropriation of money or other property; or any attempt, conspiracy, or solicitation of another to commit" such a crime.

Bennett, the disciplinary lawyer, said he has kept tabs on Powell for years because both of them worked in the US Attorney's Office for the Western District of Texas decades ago. He thinks it's time for her to stop practicing law.

"If you can't disbar somebody like Sidney Powell, who are you disbarring?" he said.”

Later in the evening I drank a cup of chai with a shot of German apple and pear brandy and several pieces of chocolate with almonds.

Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment