Friday, October 13, 2023

October 13, 2023 Brunch - Pork and chorizo burritos. Snack - Costco Hot Dog. Dinner - Oysters on the half shell and Prosciutto, cheese, and baby arugula Lavash pizza

October 13, 2023 Brunch - Pork and chorizo burritos. Snack - Costco Hot Dog. Dinner - Oysters on the half shell and Prosciutto, cheese, and baby arugula Lavash pizza


I woke up at 4:00 and stayed up until 6:00 to watch the news. The two big stories are how horrible the Hamas attack was on Israel and incapable Republicans are of governing the House of Representatives. Then I slept until 8:30.


At 9:00 I started breakfast. I sliced 1/4 onion, diced two chorizo, 1/2 tomato, and a smoked pork cutlet diced and sautéed those ingredients in butter.  I whisked four eggs salted and peppered and added them to the ingredients.


Suzette took over and scrambled the eggs and toasted two tortillas.




I made a cup of Earl Grey tea with milk and sugar.


After breakfast Suzette went to work and I worked at my desk.


The market kept going down, ending down 1.538%.


At 1:30 a new client arrived and I worked with them until 3:00.


After they left I drove to Costco and ate a hot dog and then shopped.


I bought prepared lamb shanks cooked in a pomegranate sauce, Gruet Brut, another bottle of wine, a bottle of olive oil, a bag of jasmine rice.


I then drove home and Suzette helped unload the car.


Suzette made a cocktail sauce with catsup, horseradish, and lemon juice.


At 5:30 we grabbed a bottle of Vara brut and drove to Whole Foods and picked up 4 dozen oysters on the half shell on ice and drove to Debbie and Jeff’s house high above Albuquerque. 


Jeff has been going through a lot of surgery for cancer but he seems to be doing well at this time.


We ate oysters with cocktail sauce while Debbie prepared pizza with prosciutto, baby arugula, and cheese on lavash bread.


I poured Vara Brut for Suzette and me. Then we ate slabs of pizza.


At 8:00 we’d watched fireworks being fired from the Balloon Field and at 9:00 we said goodnight and drove home.


When we returned home we drank a glass of vermouth and later a cup of tea with several slices of Apple strudel bunt cake and watched a bit of news and Suzette went to bed at 9:45 and I stayed up to write this blog entry.


Bon Appetit 



No comments:

Post a Comment