Tuesday, October 10, 2023

October 9, 2023 Lunch - Taj Mahal Dinner - sautéed Salmon with sautéed Spaghetti, asparagus and Spinach

October 9, 2023 Lunch - Taj Mahal   Dinner - sautéed Salmon with sautéed Spaghetti, asparagus and Spinach r 9, 2023 Lunch - Taj Mahal   Dinner - sautéed Salmon with sautéed Spaghetti, asparagus and Spinach


I did not eat breakfast and by 11:00 I got hungry and weak, so I ate a piece of Melba toast with Delice cheese and a Belgium crepe filled with chocolate with a cup of chai.


I called Mike and  suggested we meet at Taj Mahal for lunch at 12:30.  I joined Mike in eating two plates of food and almost immediately had a reaction and had to go to the rest room. My gut bacteria were in revolt.


After lunch I went to Smith’s and bought two three lb. salmon filets, a lb. of bacon, three lb. of ground beef, dill, milk, bananas, a cucumber, strawberries, cream cheese, bagels, and shallots.


After I returned home and unloaded and I lay down and took a nap, after which I was weak but began feeling better by 5:00 when Suzette arrived from having her tires aligned.


We decided to make Gravad lax and then sauté some of the remaining salmon.


Suzette helped by making the curing mixture of 2/3 cup of salt and 1/2 cup of sugar and 1 tsp. of ground black pepper.  We cut a 9 inch length of each fillet of salmon and layered dill and curing mixture on the outside and inside of the two filets with the two insides in the middle in a 9 inch square pyrex baking dish and then covered the filets with Saran and weighted the two fillets down with a brick.


Suzette took the Pyrex dish to the garage fridge to cure. I will probably cure each side 1 day.


Dinner 


We then addressed dinner.  Suzette found a half rotted bunch of asparagus that I picked about ten good stalks from that I snapped and cut into 1 inch lengths. Suzette dusted two salmon fillets i cut with Nepal Timur and salt and then sautéed.


Suzette also sautéed a pan of PPI Spaghetti with the asparagus slices, about 2 oz. of onion, and a handful of baby spinach.



I opened the bottle of 2020 Hermann Wiemer Magdalena Vineyard Riesling I had chilled and we ate a lovely light dinner and I began feeling better immediately.


The wine was slightly sweet but had a lovely balance of fruit and acidity.


We watched two episodes of the Antique Roadshow and Suzette went to bed at 9:00.


I stayed up to watch the last three minutes of the Raiders v. Green Bay to see the Raiders win by stopping a late drive by Green Bay with an interception.


I then watched some news and finally began to feel upset by the Hamas invasion of Israel.


As I watched got more upset, so I turned off  the TV at 10:30 and went to bed to blog.


I feel great on the morning of the 10th, so I learned a lesson, if one was needed; my gut bacteria will not allow me to eat too much spicy food too quickly, such as lunch, but will make me feel wonderful when I eat a meal of carbohydrates and fresh protein such as dinner.


Israel is doing exactly the right thing with Gaza. It has put it under siege by depriving it of electricity, food, and fuel and closed the border crossings.  It may starve the Palestinians into changing the Hamas control faster than by Israeli entering Gaza with a better chance of obtaining the release of the hostages alive.


Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment