Wednesday, October 11, 2023

October 11, 2023 Breakfast - Eggs with Crab and Spinach Dinner -Stew of Ratatouille, Pork Belly, and Asparagus

October 11, 2023 Breakfast - Eggs with Crab and Spinach Dinner -Stew of Ratatouille, Pork Belly, and Asparagus 


I woke up at 4:00 and watched the news for 2 1/2 hours.


The comparisons between the Israeli government and the ztrump administration are startlingly.


Tom Friedman spoke about the incompetence of the Israeli government because Netanyahu selected right wing idiots for his cabinet who would support him from prosecution by approving the judicial reforms that would protect him.


Friedman said the director of national security was a right wing crazy idiot who was so bad he was rejected from mandatory military service.  Friedman’s exact words were: “I would not let this guy serve as a waiter at my son’s bar mitzvah.”


Friedman further explained that the reason the southern border way not sufficiently guarded was because the crazy national security director sent most of the army to the West Bank to guard settlements there.


Then the Morning Joe folks interviewed Ehud Barack, who has held many major positions in the Israeli government and he said the same thing in a different way. He said, “This is a time when we need smart, strong persons to lead our country.”


A few hours later Israel announced the formation of a unity government co-led by Bibb and his opposition party opponent in the last election.


It makes you wonder if the die had already been cast to add some heavyweights to the Israeli government and the interviews just made it acceptable.


Then the similarities of disjunction were confirmed when the Republicans were unable to find enough votes to elect a new Speaker of the House.


I went back to bed at 6:30 and slept until 8:00, when I showered and dressed.


At 9:00 Suzette made eggs with crab and Spinach and toast for breakfast.



Then at 10:00 I drove to Pres for a physical and found out I had not made an appointment and re-scheduled with my doctor for tomorrow, which was great because I like her better than the PA they had unsuccessfully assigned.


I then drove to El Super to do some produce shopping.


I was feeling good and did not need to stop to eat.


I bought oranges, 14 lemons for lemincello, limes, zucchinis, onions, green beans, green onions, a cucumber, guava and mango juices, cilantro, yogurt, chocolate and hazelnut wafer cookies, 2 lb. of thick beautiful asparagus at $1.99/lb,, snow peas, leeks, a head of celery, Persian cucumbers for dill pickles, and Roma tomatoes.


I arrived home at 12:30 and Suzette helped me unload the car and brought in the cured Gravad lax, that I then washed and packed in Saran in a freezer bag and cut the Persian cucumbers and made them into dill pickles. 


I sliced two slices and toasted three slices of baguette and made a cured ham , a salami, and a Gravad lax sandwich that I ate with a glass of water and several previously prepared pickles



I then worked at my desk for until 3:40 when I poured a glass of root beer and lay down and drank it and then napped until 4:20.


Suzette was watching home improvement shows, so I walked to the CountryClub and back, about .8 miles. I kept thinking El Pendo to gain strength and made it all the way without getting winded.


Maybe I have achieved a new higher stamina plateau.


When I returned I relaxed until 6:00  when Suzette asked what we were doing for dinner. I said Ratatouille and either pork roast or Pork Belly with Asparagus and a piece of toasted baguette, and that is what we had with a glass of Olarra 2018 Reserva Rioja.



Suzette wanted Poke so we will make that in the morning.



After dinner watched three episodes of Lupin from season 2 on Netflix, while I peeled three or four more quinces.


Suzette went to bed at 10:00 and I stayed up to blog and drank a cup of hot chocolate with two cookies, and a sip of German apple and pear brandy.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment