Sunday, October 15, 2023

October 15, 2023 Breakfast - Steak, Potatoes, and Eggs. Snack - Herring on herring salad. Dinner - Pork Stroganoff over Casarecce Pasta

October 15, 2023 Breakfast - Steak, Potatoes, and Eggs. Snack - Herring on herring salad. Dinner - Pork Stroganoff over Casarecce Pasta


I woke up at 5:30 and read a really interesting article in the October 9, 2033 New Yorker exposing the working of the conservative religious right wing legal fund, (Alliance Defending Freedom) that overturned Roe v. Wade and is fomenting many of the cultural wars in the US, such as transgender restrictions and parental rights.  Influential persons such as Representatives Jim Jordan and Steve Scalise, Senator Josh Hawley (whose wife works for Alliance Defending Freedom), and Supreme Court Justice Amy Barrett, are or have been affiliated with the organization that recruits lawyers to fight and selects friendly judges to decide its cases, such as federal Judge Kamaryvk? in Amarillo, who revoked the FDA approval of the oral abortion pill.


                             Here is the first page of the multi page article 


A fascinating and chilling article.


At 9:00 Suzette made breakfast. I chopped about 1/2 lb. of PPI grilled rib steak off the bone and Suzette sautéed it with PPI potatoes and asparagus and then added four eggs and covered the skillet to poach the eggs.


I toasted three slices of baguette and buttered them and spread orange and elderberry marmalade on them. I drank a cup of chai and Suzette drank a cup of Clamato with lime juice with breakfast.



Suzette then went to work and I worked at my desk reading cases and checking my 2022 tax return to see if I owed any tax, I did not and helping Willy file his 2022 tax return.


Then at 3:00 I sliced three more slices of baguette and spread them with herring salad and garnished each with a piece of pickled herring. I drank a shot of Aalborg Jubelium Aquavit and ate two dill pickles with the herring for more fermentation.




Then at 4:00 I walked to the Country Club and back.


When I returned Suzette was watching home remodeling shows so I lay down and watched football until 6:00 when we started dinner.


Dinner - we had all the ingredients for Pork Stroganoff, the PPI roasted pork, apple, and onion tapa, Pottobello mushrooms, a shallot, and sour cream.  We decided to serve it over Casarecce pasta.


Suzette boiled the pasta. I diced the PPI pork, apples, and onion and cubed five portobello mushrooms and two Roma tomatoes, and a shallot and fetched the sour cream.


Suzette sautéed the ingredients in butter and olive oil and then added the sour cream and some of the sweet paprika we bought in Spain, so the final dish had a slight Goulash flavor. I also sliced slices of Parmesan cheese to garnish the dish.


Willy arrived at 6:30 and joined us for dinner.


We drank a several year old Eguren Rose from Rioja.





We watched the Texas Rangers beat the Houston Astros in the first game of their series and Buffalo beat the Giants in a close NFL match up.


We also watched some of Hotel Portofino and I tried to watch Astrid at 10:00 after Suzette went to bed but dozed off.


We made a lovely dessert of sliced strawberries on spumoni ice cream garnished with whipped cream Suzette whipped.




Later I drank a cup of chai with two chocolate wafer cookies and a sip of Calvados.


We agreed it was a lovely day even though we both worked.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment