Friday, October 6, 2023

October 5, 2023 Lunch - Aji tuna and Scallop Sashimi platter and bowl of Potage Dinner - Char Grilled Rib Steak with Sautéed Green beans, mushrooms and boiled Potatoes

 October 5, 2023 Lunch - Aji tuna and Scallop Sashimi platter and bowl of Potage Dinner - Char Grilled Rib Steak with Sautéed Green beans, mushrooms and boiled Potatoes 


This was a great day of food with almost only two meals.


I did not eat breakfast and worked instead.


Rahim came at 11:30 and we worked until 3:00, with a lunch in the middle at 1:00.


I talked Rahim into eating lunch at my house.  While he was talking on the phone I went to the garden and picked five chives that I sliced thinly and a bunch of Cosmos for the table.


Rahim heated bowls of Potage (Potato and Leek Soup) in the microwave and I garnished them with thinly sliced chives from our garden.





.

I then filled a platter by slicing the remaining 1/2 lb. of tuna, and three scallops, several pickled turnip sticks, and 1/4 cucumber peeled, seeded, and sliced plus dipping bowls of soy and wasabi and a bowl of pickled ginger and bowls of sushi rice, which Rahim heated with the soup.


I also made cups of green tea to drink.


I loved the French/Japanese lunch and I think Rahim did also.


After lunch we finished the draft PSAs and said goodbye at 3:00.


I lay down until 5:15 when Willy came and we walked to the Country Club and back.


When we returned Suzette had arrived and was having a cocktail and watching home improvement shows.


Willy left and I rested until 7:00 when I returned to the kitchen and snapped a bag of green beans, sliced three large portobello mushrooms, and cubed three Yukon Gold potatoes.


Suzette boiled the potatoes and then sautéed the potato cubes with the mushroom slices and green beans in olive oil and grilled a monster 2 inch thick rib steak we had hand cut with her electric saw a year ago.





I opened another bottle of the. 2018 Bodega Olarra Reserva from Rioja.



Suzette did a wonderful thing today and went to Costco and bought twenty bottles of Olarra, so we will be drinking it for a while and she wants to use it to cook apple balls in red wine, a recipe Jose Andres showed on his Spanish Cuisine show.


We ate a fabulous dinner and afterwards I ate chocolate and a Swedish dessert with cognac for a perfect finish to an awesome meal.


It is not often one gets to eat a char broiled 2 inch thick steak. I loved it and it reminded me of the best dining experiences of my youth growing up in Texas, where a thick steak of heavy beef is the quintessential food.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment