Saturday, October 7, 2023

October 6, 2023 Lunch - Leftover Jerusalem Restaurant Kafta and rice withheld tzatziki. Dinner - PPI Pasta with mussels, tuna, and scallops in cream sauce with a Caprese salad

October 6, 2023 Lunch - Leftover Jerusalem Restaurant Kafta and rice withheld tzatziki. Dinner - PPI Pasta with mussels, tuna, and scallops in cream sauce with a Caprese salad


This was another two meal day with mostly leftovers.


I had a fabulous day in the market. The day started downward and my limit other for 50 shares of Enphase filled.  Then mid-morning the market turned positive and didn’t slow down until near the close.


The NASDAQ where most of my holdings are listed ended up 211 points, or about 1 1/2%.


Enphase rose $5.00 by the end of the day, so a nice gain on my first day of ownership.


I also gathered the Required Mandatory Distribution information from the brokerage companies and called Shahin to obtain the tax liability information.


Mid-morning I drove to Highland Pharmacy and got immunizations for RSV and the flu. I will return in two weeks for a Covid booster.


When I returned I opened mail and cleaned my desk.


Then at 1:00 I went to the garden and picked a handful of mint and made tzatziki with 1/4 cucumber peeled, seeded, and diced, salt, a clove of garlic pressed, juice of 1/2 lemon, and minced mint.


I then heated the leftover rice and Kafta and made a cup of mint tea.





It was a wonderful meal.


I rested until Suzette arrived.p around 4:30.


At 6:00 she fixed dinner. She heated the mussels in cream sauce and added the last bit of tuna and scallops on the stove and heated the spaghetti in the microwave.


Suzette also made a Caprese Salad with one of the ripe tomatoes from our garden, some basil leaves, some slices of fresh mozzarella and a balsamic and olive oil dressing.


I grated Parmesan cheese and we dusted the top of the mussels with it.



I opened the Gewertztraiminir she recently bought and it was too sweet for the mussels in cream sauce, so we only drank one glass of it.


Suzette said it would be good with the apple balls cooked in red wine.  I wonder.


We watched some news and Suzette went to bed at 9:00 and I followed shortly thereafter, after eating the last slice of Italian chocolate Torrone nougat, a sip of cognac, and a cup of mint tea.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment