Sunday, October 29, 2023

October 29, 2023 Brunch - Steak and Eggs Burrito. Snack - chocolate sot ice cream sundae at Costco. Dinner - Grilled Lamb Chops with Spinach Couscous

October 29, 2023 Brunch - Steak and Eggs Burrito. Snack - chocolate sot ice cream sundae at Costco. Dinner - Grilled Lamb Chops with Spinach Couscous 


I awakened at 7:30 and watched Everton beat West Hampton 1 to 0.


I then watched the news until 10:00 and then chopped 3 oz. of onion, two cloves of garlic and the rest of the porterhouse steak. 


I went to dress and Suzette sautéed those ingredients and when they were cooked scrambled three eggs to them with three whisked eggs.


Suzette toasted large burrito sized flour tortillas on the gas stove and divided the scramble between the two tortillas.  I ate mine open faced and Suzette rolled hers into a burrito.




I drank hot tea and Suzette drank a Bloody Mary.


We then cleaned out 2 more of my closets. Most of my suits and sports coats and slacks were destroyed by moth holes or my waist having out- grown the pants.


After we cleaned the closets we put straw on the fig bush to protect it from the expected freeze tonight.


We then drove to Total Wine where zsuzette bought two more bottles of vermouth and 18 bottles of apple hard cider to serve with the Fabada at the Spanish feast next Thursday.


We then drove to Costco, where we bought eggs, Tylenol, pork belly for the Fabada for the Spanish feast, romaine lettuce, and laundry detergent.


We then drove home and cleaned 1 1/2 lb. of anchovies and Suzette then broiled them.


At 6:00 I cleaned about 1/2 lb. of spinach and made Spinach couscous by sautéing 3 oz. of onion, two cloves of garlic in butter and then adding 1 cup of couscous and sautéing that and then adding the spinach and 1 1/2 cup of boiling water to the couscous and letting it simmer for a couple of minutes until the couscous had absorbed the water and the spinach cooked and then I fluffed the couscous and let it stand to steam and soften.


Wally arrived and had a vermouth and I opened a 2019 De Ponte reserve Pinot Noir.


Suzette fetched a jar of her home made mango chutney and I fetched a jar of her home made mint jelly and we had a great dinner as the temperature was dropping with our first freeze forecast for tonight.


Willy left and Suzette went to bed and later I drank a Calvados and watched Astrid on PBS.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment