Tuesday, December 13, 2022

December 13, 2022 Breakfast - Tropical Fruit Salad with granola and milk, yogurt. Lunch - Salami Salad. Dinner - PPI Baked Chicken with Spinach Couscous

December 13, 2022 Breakfast - Tropical Fruit Salad with granola and milk, and yogurt. Lunch - Salami Salad. Dinner - PPI Baked Chicken with Spinach Couscous 


I experienced a Christmas Miracle today. At 9:30 Pres Endocrinology called me to set up a video appointment to hopefully prepare a report that will convince my Ortho surgeon that I am okay for a hip replacement operation.  My primary doctor came through for me by setting this in motion.  She is my hero.


I ate a bowl of Tropical Fruit Salad with granola and milk and yogurt.




At noon I watched the World Cup semi-final match between Argentina and Croatia, which was rather disappointing because Argentina was in control much of the match and won 3 to 0.  Messi was amazing.  I am looking forward to the final between Argentina and France.


After the match at 2:00 I made a salad with romaine lettuce, a diced tomato, red onion slices, dried black olives, capers and cucumber slices plus salami slices.  I dressed the salad with our Cesar dressing and made melted cheese sandwiches by melting slices of Jarlsberg on toasted slices of baguette.



A ate a few bites of cake after lunch and then walked to the corner and back.  Diane stopped to say hello and told me she was going in for surgery tomorrow for a repair of her fused disks, which sounds ten times more serious than my hip surgery and gave me courage to face my awful inevitable.


When I returned home I checked the Market and was pleased that my portfolio increased by 1.4%.  This will help absorb a portion of the required minimum distribution that will be paid out of my accounts tomorrow.  


Suzette exercised this mornings and came home around 4:30.


I worked until 5:15 when Suzette said she was hungry and wanted to cook dinner.


We quickly decided on making spinach couscous and serving it with one of the PPI lemon and rosemary flavored baked chicken thighs.


I de-stemmed spinach leaves, sliced 1/8 red onion, four mushrooms and three cloves of garlic and measured out 1 cup of couscous.  Suzette then sautéed the vegetables in butter and heated 1 3/4 cups of water.  When the vegetables softened, Suzette added the cup of couscous and tossed it in the sautéed vegetables.  Then she added the 1 3/4 cups of boiling water  and covered the pot and lowered the heat.  After a few minutes she turned up the heat for a  minute and then turned off the heat to let the couscous steam.


She then heated the chicken thighs in the microwave and plated  our simple dinner.


We drank the rest of the open bottle of French Bordeaux 2021 Sauvignon de Seguin for a pleasant wine pairing for dinner.


We actually went to bed early this evening, a bit after 8:00.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment