Saturday, December 31, 2022

December 30, 2022 Lunch - Toasted Pita pocket filled with taramasalata and tomato slices and labni and olives. Dinner - Venison Meatballs with Cumberland sauce, roasted root vegetables, and fresh spinach

December 30, 2022 Lunch - Toasted Pita pocket filled with taramasalata and tomato slices and labni and olives. Dinner - Venison Meatballs with Cumberland sauce, roasted root vegetables, and fresh spinach


I ate the last of the tropical fruit salad with yogurt and milk and granola at 10:30. 


At 11:00 I drove to High Resolution for my MRI of my knees.


I returned home by 1:20 and made a pita pocket sandwich filled with taramasalata and tomato slices and labni and I added a few pimiento stuffed olives to the plate for something fermented.




I then started reading an article in the New Yorker about Kevin McCarthy and watching bowl games.


At 3:30 Willy, Suzette, and Luke went to an new facility that has salt water filled isolation tubs and soaked for 1 hour.  They said that after 15 minutes when the sound and lights in the floatation cubicles were turned off the isolation triggered lots of thoughts.


We had one of the best family dinner I have ever had tonight.  Suzette heated the venison meatballs and slices of duck breast in the Cumberland Sauce and heated the Roasted Root vegetables and served them on a bed of spinach leaves.


What was amazing was that when I opened a bottle of 2010 Wellington Mohrhardt Ridge Cabernet Sauvignon the cork was dry.


I did not pick up the fact that the bottle was corked but Suzette and each of the boys did.  Then Luke said something even more impressive, “Why don’t we open a bottle of that wine you served at the wild game party last week?”


That wine was the best wine in the cellar, a 2013 Calstar Sangiacamo Pinot Noir.  I told Luke how to find a bottle of it and he fetched one from the cellar.


I felt like I had taught the kids Wine 101 by osmosis.


They rejected a corked bottle and replaced it with an amazing bottle of wine.


The dinner was fabulous with the wild game, root vegetables and great wine.


I could not be happier.


After dinner we shared a few slices of Chanukah orange flavored chocolate.


Then Willy left and we went to bed so we could awaken at 4:00 to take Luke to the airport for his flight to Mexico to Matarude in Oaxaca where Maja Rose South is located.


Bon Appetit 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment