Sunday, December 4, 2022

December 3, 2022 Brunch - Bagels and lax. Lunch - Vara’s Christmas Party Dinner - Sautéed Rib Steak with Mashed Potatoes and Sautéed Cipolini Onions and Mushrooms and salad

December 3, 2022 Brunch - Bagels and lax. Lunch - Vara’s Christmas Party  Dinner - Sautéed Rib Steak with Mashed Potatoes and Sautéed Cipolini Onions and Mushrooms and salad

I ate more than usual today and I am feeling bloated.


After the U.S. lost to the Netherlands in World Cup soccer I toasted three slices of bagel and spread them with cream cheese and garnished them with thin slices of red onion and Gravad lax and capers.


I read for a while and then watched TCU lose the Big 12 Championship to Kansas State in overtime while I simultaneously watched Argentina beat Australia in World Cup soccer until 2:00. During which I ate a bow l of pita chips.


Suzette took a rib steak out of the freezer to thaw.


At 2:00 we left and stopped at Pastian’s where we bought a loaf of whole wheat bread and a chocolate cake on our drive to Varna’s Christmas Party.


At the party we were served several drinks including a brandy, sparkling wine and cranberry cocktail; their Brut sparkling wine with oysters on the half shell, and the newly released grenache with Posole.


After the party we drove to El Super where we bought mushrooms, onions, green onions, gala apples, a papaya, a pineapple, limes, broccoli, a cucumber, a cluster of tomatoes, garlic, ginger, sweet potatoes, crema, and mangoes.


We returned home at 6:00 and Suzette wanted to prepare dinner.


I sliced five or six of the mushrooms, two cloves of garlic, and a small shallot while Suzette peeled the five Cipolini onions I had bought at Sprouts for $2.99.


Suzette also fetched a tomato and the cucumber which I diced for the salad with thin slices of red onion and Suzette rinsed and spun the last of the head of red leaf lettuce for the salad.


Suzette then sautéed the steak in one skillet while she sautéed the mushrooms, shallot, onions, and garlic in another skillet.




I fetched and opened a bottle of 2019 Dame de Bouard Montaigne-St. Emillion Appellation red wine. The wine was wonderful.  I think I bought it at Trader Joe’s. I need to buy more bottles of the Dame.




Suzette also heated some PPI Mashed Potatoes to complete the meal.






After dinner I ate the last slice of Pont l’Eveque and a slice of an American Morbier style cheese with more wine.





Then I fetched the chocolate cake from the car and ate two pieces of it with a glass of cognac and a cup of tea.


I went to bed at 9:30 and slept until 1:00 when I blogged this blog and drank some kefir to help my digestion.


Bon Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment