Thursday, December 29, 2022

December 29, 2022 Lunch - Monroe’s Dinner - Stir Fried Lamb, snow Peas, and Broccoli

 December 29, 2022 Lunch - Monroe’s  Dinner - Stir Fried Lamb, snow Peas, and Broccoli


Today I ate a blueberry Newton for breakfast.


At 11:10 Charlie picked me up and drove me to Monroe’s on 4th St. for lunch with the book club.


I ate my usual Enchiladas and eggs with Calabacitas.




After lunch we regrouped at Peter’s house for a discussion of The Final Invention about the possibility that AI might destroy humans.


It was a spirited discussion.  The book got bad grades but the consensus was that machines can compute and recognize patterns but they lack the ability to think creatively.


I then went home and checked on a Roth IRA with Wells Advisors.


When Luke arrived at 4:00 we walked around the block.


I also set post-op rehab and checked on the location of tomorrow’s MRI of my knees.


At 5:00 I started watching news and football that lasted until 10:30.


Suzette came home around 6:00 after a massage with Pierre and did not cook, but she made us Old Fashions with bourbon, vermouth, a maraschino cherry and bitters.


Willy came over around 7:00 and we decided to make Stir Fried beef and broccoli with snow peas.


Luke started by stir frying broccoli in soy, mirin, garlic, and ginger. Suzette thawed what we thought were two rib steaks but turned out to be six lamb chops so I butchered three lamb chops into 1 1/2 strips and the dish became lamb and broccoli with snow peas.


The rice was already made, so the prep was quick, less than twenty minutes.


We enjoyed our meal and then Suzette went to bed and Willy left, and Luke did laundry and packed for his trip to Mexico and I watched the Cowboys beat the Titans and Oregon beat Oklahoma and Washington beat Texas.  I am in the bowl zone.  I invited Willy to watch TCU play Michigan on Saturday.


Bon Appetit


 

No comments:

Post a Comment