Thursday, December 22, 2022

December 22, 2022 Breakfast - Granola, milk, and yogurt and Tropical Fruit Salad. Lunch - Salami Salad with green cracked olives, tomato, green onions, radishes and cucumbers. Dinner - a cured ham and Jarlsberg cheese on seedsation bread

December 22, 2022 Breakfast - Granola, milk, and yogurt and Tropical Fruit Salad. Lunch - Salami Salad with green cracked olives, tomato, green onions, radishes and cucumbers. Dinner - a cured ham and Jarlsberg cheese on seedsation bread 


A wonderful day of work and food.  I filled a bowl with Granola, milk, yogurt and Tropical Fruit Salad at 10:00.  


My client arrived a bit after 10:00 with a box of homemade cookies and a bottle of Suazo tequila for me for Christmas and we started to work on a pleading until after 3:00 in the afternoon.


I then made a salami salad with the fresh produce I bought at El Super on Monday, including green cracked olives, a diced tomato, sliced green onions, diced radishes and sliced cucumber wedges.


I toasted and buttered two slices of baguette and spread them with thick slices of the fresh brie we opened on Tuesday that is perfectly ripe. The warm softly toasted bread with the soft creamy Brie was heavenly. Viola!



I finished composing the salad by 4:00 in time to watch Ari Melber on The Beat on MSNBC. I like his news show because Ari is a lawyer who has knowledgeable lawyers on his show who analyze current events from a knowledgeable legal perspective. 


I also like Lawrence O’Donnell’s Last Word, for the same reason. He often has Laurence Tribe.


After I finished the salad I started eating the delicious cookies and ate 7 or 8 by the time Suzette arrived at 4:30.


Today was another disaster in the market with the Dow down over 500 points, so I did not even look.  The volatility in the market is increasing as the market moves downward in response to a potential recession.


 Suzette had eaten a large lunch, so I lay down until she came to get me to watch a movie at 7:30.


We watched the news until 8:30 when Suzette switched to Netflix and discovered that the third season of Emily in Paris was available, so we watched the first two episodes. I made an open faced sandwich of cured ham and Jarlsberg cheese on a slice of toasted and buttered seedsation bread melted in the microwave for 30 seconds and we both drank glasses Kirkland Cabernet Sauvignon from a 1.5 liter magnum bottle.


We went to bed at 10:00 after a full day of work and food.


In bed we discussed making duck Posole starting tomorrow, so I am looking forward to that.


Bon Appetit


 




No comments:

Post a Comment