Thursday, December 15, 2022

December 15, 2022 Lunch - Duck Leg Soup at 2000 Vietnam. Dinner - PPI lemon Chicken over Couscous covered with mashed Roasted Vegetables in Brown Gravy

December 15, 2022 Lunch - Duck Leg Soup at 2000 Vietnam. Dinner - PPI lemon Chicken over Couscous covered with mashed Roasted Vegetables in Brown Gravy


This was a big food day and a great day for my future health. I slept until after 8:00 and awakened as Suzette was leaving for work.


I checked the market and saw it was in a major meltdown.  Perhaps the Fed raising interest rates another 1/2% was not welcome news for investors, although until inflation drops a lot from its current level of over 6%, the Fed will keep the economic pressure on.  Later in the day the ECB  raised its rate for bank borrowing by 1/2%, so Europe is in lock step with the Fed.


The Dow dropped 750 points in response.


I spent the morning moving money.  This year I gave each of Luke and Willy $7,000 and will do the same for Suzette with the hope they will put some or all of it into a Roth IRA.


I also spoke for a long while with Dave, who was an old friend of Jill Pollack.  I had to tell him the sad news that she had died a year ago.  They had been friends and dated in the late 60’s growing up In Minneapolis.


He did not know how she became the owner of the Christo.


Today I did not do a lot of work, which was a relief after my busy last week.


I ate granola with milk and blueberries and yogurt for breakfast at 9:45.


I went to lunch at 3:00 to 2000 Vietnam.  There seems to be new faces there and I suspect the owners sold, but the new owners kept the same cooks. 


A funny thing happened.  I ordered duck leg soup with egg vermicelli and it was delicious, but I wondered what the restaurant did with the breasts.  At 4:15 as I was leaving the chefs brought out roasted duck breasts and rice to eat for their lunch.  I almost asked them if I could sit and eat roasted duck with them, it looked so good with its shiny glazed skin.


I went home and arrived as Suzette arrived at 4:30.


I went to the bedroom to rest until 7:00 when Suzette started cooking.


When I arrived at bit after 7:00 Suzette had poured glasses of French Rose’ and was sautéing the last of the PPI mashed roasted Vegetables with brown gravy in a skillet on the stove.


She also heated two PPI Roasted Lemon chicken thighs with the remaining couscous and plated bowls filled with couscous, then a chicken thigh, topped with the roasted root vegetables in brown gravy.





This was the second best use of leftovers this week and it was really comforting food.


But the winner of best leftover conversion was the use of the leftover fish baked in foil and rice earlier this week that Suzette combined with shrimp and herbs de Provence to make French style seafood stew.


I stuffed myself at dinner and then took the hip pills, collagen, turmeric, and Tylenol. 


I was not hungry for dessert but instead made a chai and went to bed and rested again.


I woke up at 10:00 when Suzette took off my socks and rubbed body lotion on my feet and hands.


Suzette went to sleep but I watched the news until 12:00 midnight.


There was much more news about Ukraine this evening except for Donald Trump’s big announcement that he is issuing NFT’s with images of him as a super hero and the announcement that Monday the House Jan. 6th Committee will have a final broadcast to issue its report and possibly refer recommendations for prosecution of some of those involved in the Jan. 6 Insurrection.


Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment