Saturday, December 10, 2022

December 10, 2022 Brunch - Huevos Rancheros with bacon. Snack - salami, ham, and herring sandwiches. Dinner - Baked Chicken seasoned with Rosemary, garlic, and lemon with Mashed Roasted Root Vegetables

December 10, 2022 Brunch - Huevos Rancheros with bacon. Snack - salami, ham, and herring sandwiches. Dinner - Baked Chicken seasoned with Rosemary, garlic, and lemon with Mashed Roasted Root Vegetables 


I woke up a few minutes before 8:00 and turned on the Match between Morocco and Portugal.  Willy came over during the match Morocco unexpectedly won to become the first African nation to advance to the semi-finals.


After the match Suzette made a world class brunch of fried bacon and Huevos Rancheros with a sautéed blue corn tortilla covered with a layer of refried black beans, two eggs fried over easy and several slices of avocado.  Willy and I drizzled could hot sauce on the dish. This was the best Huevos Rancheros I have ever eaten.




Willy and Suzette drank fresh orange juice.and I drank hot lemon water with a tsp. of honey.


Willy left and then Suzette went to several craft shows including a big one at the Railyard, where she bought three woven wool hot pads.


At 2:30 after the England v. France match I made three sandwiches on toasted Baguette, two spread with basil Mayo and one spread with sour cream.  Then I lay thin slices of red onion on all three slices. I then lay slices of salami on on basil Mayo slice and cured ham on the other.  The I lay slices of Morbier style cheese on each of the two Mayo ones and on the sour cream on one. Then I lay herring in wine sauce on the one with sour cream and lay leaves of lettuce on the two other sandwiches. I added pickled turnip sticks and pimiento stuffed Spanish green olives and fetched an Oktoberfest beer from the fridge.


I enjoyed my snack and got tired after lunch.  Suzette returned and we both took naps. I woke up at 5:20 and Suzette was in the kitchen separating the four bags of chicken thighs and opened a bag and seasoned the four or five thighs with a combination of Rosemary, garlic, and lemon and Herbs du Provence.



I then with Suzette’s assistance made whipped root vegetables in the Kitchen Aid mixer and added a touch of salt plus several T. each of sour cream and heavy cream.


While was mixing the vegetables, suzette put a handful of spinach leaves n the bottom of pasta bowls and then separated the pan drippings from the fat from the bake chicken roasting pan and put it in a sauce pan and added flour to make a brown sauce and then plated scoops of root vegetables, then added sauce.



Suzette fetched a bottle of white wine from the garage fridge.


The dinner was delicious and very much a winter dish.


After dinner we drank another glass of the wine and watched Where the Crawdads Sing.


I went to bed to read at 8:45 and Suzette came to bed at 9:50, when I went to the TV room to watch the England v. France match and blog.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment