Monday, December 12, 2022

December 12, 2022 Lunch - Saigon Restaurant. Dinner - Fish and shrimp Soup with rice and asparagus

December 12, 2022 Lunch - Saigon Restaurant. Dinner - Fish and shrimp Soup with rice and asparagus 


Until lunch I worked on making my required minimum distributions from my three Traditional IRA accounts and making a charitable donation to Roadrunner Food Bank.


At 12:20 I called Aaron and we agreed to meet at Budai Chinese Restaurant at San Mateo and Academy because he had a 2:00 p.m. appointment at Bank of America across the street.


When I arrived Aaron came to my car and indicated Budai was closed.  I suggested we go to Saigon Restaurant that is located at the end of the block at 6001 San Mateo. I like Saigon Restaurant. 2000 Vietnam, but Saigon is second or third, even though it is ranked at 4.8 and 2000 Vietnam is only ranked 4.4.


Aaron ordered an order of six fried egg rolls that were served with leaves of romaine lettuce, basil and cilantro and two small bowls of homemade fish sauce with threads of carrot and daikon. These egg rolls were smaller and less crisp than 2000 Vietnam’s egg rolls, which are the best I have ever eaten.


I ordered a bowl of pho with rare beef and rice noodles and Aaron ordered a bowl of dry bun steamed noodles with shrimp and pork.


I found my pho to be a bit heavily flavored.  I did not ask Aaron what he thought of the bun bowl, but he ate all the pork and shrimp on top and some of the steamed rice noodles.  We talked business.  It looks like Earn-DLT may prosper.


At 2:00 we said goodbye and I drove home.


I scanned and filed two pleadings and completed the paperwork for the RMD’s by 5:00, shortly after Suzette arrived.


Suzette started cooking a tour de Force PPI conversion and Willy joined us for dinner.  


Fish soup

Suzette sautéed garlic, onion, asparagus, and then added the PPI rockfish and rice, and shrimp, and a broth of dashi and red miso and heated the soup  in a large casserole.


Suzette toasted slices of baguette and poured glasses of French Sauvignon Blanc.


I made Willy and Suzette happy when I told them I was giving each of them a cash gift for Christmas.


After dinner Willy left and we watched the Antique Roadshow and then I watched an episode of American Masters on Saul Bellow.


I then watched Rachel Maddow at 10:00 and blogged, and went bed at 11:00.


Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment