Friday, September 23, 2022

September 23, 2022 Lunch - 2000 Vietnam Duck Soup. Dinner - Vichyssoises. Globalquerque

September 23, 2022 Lunch - 2000 Vietnam Duck Soup. Dinner - Vichyssoises. Globalquerque


This turned out to be a fabulous day.  I slept until 8:30 then worked a little and then called Sheryl Bolton Johnson to find out about her concerns about Linda Grace and ended up having a lovely over an hour conversation until 11:30.


I finished up a small project and at 1:00 drove to 2000 Vietnam and ordered duck soup which is my favorite soup there.


Duck soup is a large bowl with a hind quarter of roasted duck, a bundle of rice vermicelli, onion slices, fried onion strips, and 1/2 inch slices of green onion served in a pho broth. I love it.



I ate 1/2 and the proprietress packed the remaining soup in a take out soup container for me.


I drove home arriving at 2:30 and lay down to rest until Suzette came home at 3:30 and even after until 5:00 when Suzette called me to dinner.


She had fetched the vichyssoise from the garage and ladled bowls of it into soup bowls and garnished each bowl with finely sliced fresh chive ringlets from our garden.


I toasted and buttered a whole wheat dinner roll and ate it with my soup.




We then drove to the NHCC for this year’s Globalquerque that started at 6:20.


We stayed until 10:20. There are three different stages with bands.  This year’s music was spectacular in quality or just because this is the first time we have been able to enjoy live music in a crowd in over two years.


When we returned home I ate the last piece of tiramisu cake with a cup of chai to make sure my minuscules did not fatigue. I guess my diet starts tomorrow.


It has been a lovely and busy week.  The wine tasting on Wednesday was terrific, Globalquerque was great tonight.  We will attend another evening of Globalquerque tomorrow night and Sunday we will have lunch with Linda and T.R. at the Museum Hill Restaurant.


I noticed that my legs held up for about the first 85% of the evening and I never triggered my condition, so I may be making progress in my building back some strength in my leg muscles, although sitting down and standing up are still challenging.


Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment