Monday, September 5, 2022

September 4, 2022 Brunch - Sausage, Green Chili, Egg and Cheese Burritos. Dinner - Pasta with Bob’s Spaghetti Sauce

September 4, 2022 Brunch - Sausage, Green Chili, Egg and Cheese Burritos. Dinner - Pasta with Bob’s Spaghetti Sauce


I watched the news programs and Leicester get beaten again. Leicester is at the bottom of the table with 1 point out of its first six matches.


At 10:00 Suzette sautéed Jimmie Dean Sausage, fresh roasted Limatar Green chili, and eggs, swirled 1/2 avocado into 1/2 cup of sour cream to make avocado crema, toasted 2 large flour tortillas, and garnished the filling with grated mozzarella cheese to make us breakfast burritos.


Suzette fetched the fresh orange juice I bought at El Super and poured us each a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice.







Suzette then fetched two frozen hamburger patties to thaw and went to an appointment, while I watched Man  Union beat 1st ranked Arsenal 3 to 1 in an exciting match.  Then I pruned several rose bushes and picked basil leaves and oregano stalks in the garden and then lay down to rest until 3:00 when Suzette came home.


Unfortunately I am still positive for Covid so we could not cook together.


At 4:00 I snacked on Salamolata on pita chips and started making 


Bob’s Spaghetti Sauce


I added chopped two medium onion and four cloves of garlic and sautéed them in olive oil.  When they softened I added the two hamburger patties (about 1 lb. of ground beef).


Then I diced 9 or 10 tomatoes and added them.


Then I added about five or six sliced mushrooms.


Then I stripped the oregano leaves from their stems and de-stemmed and chopped the basil leaves and added them.


Suzette added 1 tsp. of salt.


I then sliced about 15 pitted Kalamata olives and added them.


Suzette added some water as the sauce cooked and thickened for about an hour.


Suzette boiled some whole wheat fusilli pasta and served pasta with the Spaghetti sauce and a dusting of grated mozzarella cheese for dinner.







I opened a bottle of Chianti Classico Riserva (Trader Joe’s $5.99) and we ate a lovely dinner at around 6:00.


I then took one of the chocolate truffles Joanne’s friend made and the rest of my glass of Chianti and went to the bedroom and watched Krykios beat Number 1 ranked Menderev in the US Open quarter finals and Florida State beat LSU.


Suzette hurt her back and soaked in the hot tub after dinner


At 8:30 we heard the fireworks from the Country Club and went outside to watch them from our garden.  It was lovely watching the fireworks explode about two blocks away overhead from our garden.


We then went to bed.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment