Thursday, September 29, 2022

September 29, 2022 Breakfast - fried eggs and Serrano ham. lunch - Book Club. Costco Hotdogs. Dinner -Butter Chicken with Rice

September 29, 2022 Breakfast - fried eggs and Serrano ham. lunch - Book Club. Costco Hotdogs. Dinner -Butter Chicken with Rice


Suzette woke me up at 8:00.  I dressed and went to fetch the Palmer’s Coleman cooler and we filled it with beer, water and wine.


I then made breakfast of fried eggs and serrano ham and two slices of French baguette for breakfast.


Then I worked for 1/2 hour and then drove to Lowe’s to ice the ice chest and cookies and picked up Peter Eller.


We then drove to NM Veterans’ Memorial near Louisiana and Gibson for our book club meeting.


Today was a double hitter with my August book, Blessing Way by Tony Hillerman first and Keith’s September book, Hatchet by Gary Paulson second.


I served drinks and then Keith served hotdogs with relish, catsup, and mustard.


We had a lively discussion for 3 hours about many different topics, including the books.


Many people had read Tony Hillerman’s books so there were many perspectives on his work.  The general consensus was that his eight book, Thief of Time was his best book.


After the meeting I drove Peter back to his house and he loaned me a Harrison Begay painting of feather dancers to show Suzette. I then drove home and unloaded.


I printed the recipe for butter chicken and lay down for an hour but the pain in my hips and knee did not diminish much while Suzette made the Marinade for the chicken.


I added chicken stock, cinnamon, and cloves to the 2 cups of rice water add when it came to a boil added 1 cup of jasmine rice and turned down the heat and let it simmer for thirty minutes.




Suzette did not care for the panting and neither did I, so it will go back to Peter.


Suzette added the spices to the tomatoes and then combined the tomatoes with the marinated chicken and added cream to make the sauce for the chicken.






Suzette spooned a pile of rice into a bowl and added spoonfuls of buttered chicken for a delicious dinner.  We added quince chutney Suzette made and I added Swad Mixed Pickle to the dish.


I drank a gin and tonic and Suzette drank a Negra Modelo with dinner.


We then watched Midsomer Mystery from 8:00 until 9:30 and then went to bed.


Bon Appetit


Suzette is suffering back pan, so we are feeling our age.


Suzette came to get me up to make rice at 6:30


No comments:

Post a Comment