Thursday, September 22, 2022

September 21, 2022 Lunch - Sliced Chicken Sandwiches. Santa Fe Wine and Chile Festival To the Trade wine tasting.

September 21, 2022 Lunch - Sliced Chicken Sandwiches. Santa Fe Wine and Chile Festival To the Trade wine tasting.


I awakened at 7:30 this morning and worked a little, so including meeting with Fernando to start the process of installing new windows on the here Northern windows in Willy’s apartment.


We then dressed and Suzette made Sliced Chicken and tomato sandwiches with the fresh basil mayonnaise.




We split a beer and I also drank a glass of kefir to settle my stomach.


We


At 1:30 we drove to the Santa Fe Convention Center for the to the trade wine tasting from 3:00 to 5:00.  As usual the convention hall was filled with about 100 wine vendors and producers spread out on tables on both sides of a huge aggregation of tables spread with Sysco food stuffs including two hot meat service stations, one with Roasted Prime Rb, pepper sirloin, and a standing rib roast of bison and the other with roasted pork and pulled pork.  There were also mini-gorditas and artichoke salad plus lots of other items. 



                                        Port and champagne with desserts


We started by drinking Argyle champagne at 3:10 and ended with an Australian dry Riesling from Eden Valley at 5:00. I particularly liked the Lanson Rose champagne and the Ridge Grenache Blanc.


                                                This was a lovely gigondas


       The last stop was a great Gruner and an amazing Australian dry Riesling 
                  This was my favorite, an amazing AlbariƱo 


                          Wine, food, and drinkers from end to end


We left at 5:00 and ended up in the most awful traffic jam that left us bumper to bumper all the way from Cerrillos to the 6th St. I-40 exit.


My legs we sore and hurting and Suzette was kind enough to massage me and then rub in some CBD infused oil into my hip joints as I lay in bed.


I could not watch the third episode of the Holocaust series because it showed the stacks of bodies of killed people found by the American troops when they advanced through Europe to the Death camps.


I had seen those photos before and they were equally horrifying the first time.


I fetched Suzette a bowl of Vanilla ice cream and I ate a piece of tiramisu cake with vanilla ice cream and a cup of tea at 9:00.




I then went to bed and dozed until 11:30 when I brushed my teeth and read a bit and went back to bed.


Because of my lack of mobility this was the most enjoyable to the trade wine event I have attended because I ate and drank less than usual and did not get drunk or overly stuffed. Because I drank less I chose those wines that really appealed to me rather than drinking indiscriminately.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment