Monday, September 19, 2022

 September 19, 2022 Breakfast - Chai and Fig Bar Lunch - French Onion Soup. Dinner - Trader Joe’s Chicken Tikki Masala and Rice and Fresh Greens


I woke up at 7:00 and watched the Funeral for QEII but missed the first funeral in Westminster Cathedral with a cup of chai and a fig bar for breakfast.


I spent several hours today revising and updating my insurance coverage for my art.


At 1:00 I fetched the casserole of PPI French Onion Soup from the garage and heated it.  I sliced and toasted a whip olé wheat dinner roll and lay slices of Jarlsberg cheese on each toasted half and melted the two halves for 23 seconds in the microwave to melt the cheese.  I ladled soup into a bowl and lay the two pieces of bread on the heated soup and voila, I had a bowl of wonderful French onion soup in 10 minutes.



After lunch I continued my art insurance project until 4:00 and then rested and watched Ari Melber.


Suzette came home around 4:30.  She asked me what I wanted for dinner and after I was ambivalent she said she would look in the freezer.


At 5:30 I joined her in the TV room and discovered that she was defrosting a package of Trader Joe’s prepared Chicken Tikki Masala.


I spread Boursin French cheese on pita chips as we watched Shepard Smith’s news program with Suzette.


At 6:00 Suzette went to the garden and picked a basket full of different kales and some chard.  I destemmed the greens’ leaves and then diced 2 oz. of red onion and 2 cloves of garlic.  


Suzette stir fried the onion and garlic and then added. 2 cups of PPI rice and finally the chicken Tikki Masala in the wok.


She fetched a beer and poured 1/2 in a glass for me and then served the one dish meal with the apple and raisin chutney Suzette made with apples from our tree. And I fetched the Swad mixed pickle. 






Later we ate some of the leftover Tiramisu cake Monika and Aaron brought for dinner last Monday’s evening dinner with tea and cognac.


It was an easy dinner that was very enjoyable.


We watch some football on then retired to bed at 9:30.


Suzette to sleep and I to blog and read.


Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment