Wednesday, September 14, 2022

September 14, 2022 Lunch - Legacies, La Veta, Colorado. Dinner - Posole and Rice

 September 14, 2022 Lunch - Legacies, La Veta, Colorado. Dinner - Posole and Rice 


I got up at 6:30 today and dressed.  Suzette and I ate a slice of the banana nut bread Elaine made for breakfast.


Billy and Elaine then left to play pickle ball.


I peeled and dried fed the three quinces Suzette picked from her tree at the Center and Suzette added sugar, raisins, lemon juice and chopped figs to make a compote.





Then at 10:30 Suzette and I drove to town to meet Billy and Elaine for lunch.


Before lunch we visited a gallery by the park and I bought a large tea cup for $11.00.


We then drove to the Legacies Restaurant that is owned by folks from Santa Fe. Suzette ordered Tuna Poke with seaweed and blue corn chips.  Elaine ordered Aji tuna salad.  The seared tuna was very attractively dusted with black sesame seeds.  Billy ordered chicken enchiladas and I ordered beef enchiladas.  The enchiladas were a stack of two blue corn tortillas stuffed with onions and meat and served with beans. We both ordered red sauce and I swear it is Josie’s She’d recipe but with milder powdered chili. Everyone enjoyed their lunch.  The food was first rate.


I drank apple cider and everyone else drank beer.


We then returned to the cabin and rested until 4:00 when I watched Ari Melber and we watched news until 6:30 when Billy and Elaine prepared a Dnner of Posole and rice and grilled ears of corn and served the Posole with tamales and guacamole.







We drank beers again.


After Dinner we took a small walk until it started to rain.  Billy says the striping wind and rain are unusual for this area, but I suspect it is more likely the warning of a cool Fall coming.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment