Saturday, September 3, 2022

September 2, 2022. lunch - Chicken Noodle Miso Soup. Dinner - French Onion Soup

 September 2, 2022. lunch - Chicken Noodle Miso Soup. Dinner - French Onion Soup


I slept badly and awakened at 7:00 after about four hours sleep.


I bought 600 shares of NVDA at 8:30 and watched it crater $3.00 over the rest of the day.  I bought it $15.50 below what I sold it for three months ago. But the moral to this story is, “Just because a stock goes down doesn’t mean it can’t go down more.”


I guess I will need to wait for it to start going up longer than I originally thought.


At 11:30 I added a cup of water, 1/2 tsp. of dehydrated dashi, and a T. of red miso to the pot of Chicken Noodle Miso Soup and ate a bowl garnished with sliced green onions.  Then at 3:00 I ate another bowl of soup.  



Suzette came home around 5:00.  She started making a beef stock with the leftover gilled rib steak bones and meat plus carrots and 1/2 onion.


At 6:30 I sliced 5 cups of onions and then returned to my room. Suzette made French onion soup from Julia Child’s Mastering the Art of French Cooking, except she left the carrots in the broth when she added it.


She also used a sweet Liebfraumilch wine for the white wine, imitating the old recipe from one of the famous Paris restaurant recipe that calls for the addition of port.


The soup was darker than usual but lovely.  Suzette heated garnished French Onion Soup bowls full of soup with toasted croutons of French baguette covered with slices of Jarlsberg cheese. I refilled my bowl with the delicious soup. 




Suzette poured out the last two glasses of Ravenswood 2006 California Shiraz.


After dinner I drank a small glass of cognac mixed with Grand Marnier and ate four chocolate cookies.


We watched the live local coverage of the burning of Zozobra from Santa Fe and then I watched TCU beat Colorado.


Go Frogs.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment