Thursday, September 22, 2022

September 22, 2022 Breakfast - Bagel, cream cheese, prosciutto, and cheese Lunch - Potstickers with Seaweed salad. Snack- Baked Apple. Dinner - Salmon and eggs

September 22, 2022 Breakfast - Bagel, cream cheese, prosciutto, and cheese  Lunch - Potstickers with Seaweed salad. Snack- Baked Apple. Dinner - Salmon and eggs 


I woke up at 5:30 and watched news until 6:30 and then slept until 8:30.


Today I wanted to re-start an exercise regime.


At 9:30 I toasted two slices of bagel and spread them with cream cheese and lay a thin slice of prosciutto and slices of Dutch cumin flavored Gouda on each and drank chai for breakfast.


I worked a while and then lay down and rested until 1:00 when I walked 1/2 mile around the block.  


When I returned home I stir fried ten potstickers in 3 T. of peanut oil and1 tsp. of sesame oil in my wok.  I had much better control over the flipping the potstickers with chop sticks in the wok with its curved sides than a skillet with a flat bottom.


While the potstickers fried I made a dipping sauce with chili oil and soy sauce plus a thinly sliced green onion.


When the potstickers were lightly browned I moved them to a plate and added a pile of seaweed salad to the plate.



I also made a cup of green tea to drink with lunch.


After lunch I rested until 3:30 when the mail arrived bearing a check.


So I drove to the bank and deposited the check and Omar, who is the new manager and an old friend taught me how to make a deposit from my I Phone with the Wells Fargo app.


I then drove to Lowe’s and bought a carton of heavy cream.


When I arrived home at 5:00 I ate a baked apple doused with heavy cream, which is the way my Mother served them when I was young.


I lay down to read and Suzette arrived at 7:30, just in time to view Midsomer Mystery at 8:00.


I was a little hungry so I stir fried a piece of salmon with 2 oz. of red onion and then the salmon diced and then two eggs mixed with the remaining soy and chili sauce from lunch with the chopped garden greens.


I drank a cup of green tea with this dinner at 8:30.


Suzette had dinner and drinks with Debbie andvthe girls at Debbie’s house this evening.


We watched Midsomer Mystery until 9:30.


Suzette then soaked n the hot tub and I watched a bit more TV.


We went to bed at 10:00


I promise myself to begin to exercise more. I think if I can build up my muscles it will help overcome some of my joint pain.


Tomorrow is Globalquerque, so there will be lots of walking.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment