Wednesday, September 28, 2022

September 28, 2022 Lunch - ACC with Mary and Joe. Dinner - BLT Sandwiches

September 28, 2022  Lunch - ACC with Mary and Joe. Dinner - BLT Sandwiches


Today was a full food day. I woke around 8:00 and showered and dressed.


Then at 9:30 I ate a bowl of granola with milk and blueberries and yogurt.


I then walked to the bank.


At 12:25 Suzette stopped on her way from work to pick me up for lunch with Mary and Joe at ACC.


We enjoyed talking to them because we share so many interests, wine, art,  collecting, etc.


The food at ACC is not great.  Suzette ordered fried Calamari in a marinara sauce and had to drink a glass of red wine when she came home after lunch.  I ordered a crabmeat cobb that I liked very much.  It was made with crisp iceberg lettuce and all the usual Cobb ingredients plus some crabmeat.


                                                      Mary and her chicken fried steak 

                                                            My crab cobb salad

                                                         Joe and his Reuben Sandwich




Joe ordered a Rueben sandwich and Mary ordered a chicken Fried Steak and that is how I learned she was from Muleshoe, Tx.  Joe is from McKinney just north of Dallas.  His family started the town, but he has lived in NM since the 50’s.


We went home after lunch.  At 3:30 we drove to pick up the new pillows for the ottoman that are covered with the fabulous 50’s fabric one one side and cowhide on the other, each of which matches one of the ottomans.


We then drove to Trader Joe’s and bought twenty bottles of wine and two bottles of cognac to replenish our everyday wine stock.


We returned home at 4:45, just in time for me to meditate at 5:00.


I lay down for an hour after meditation, when Suzette came to tell me it was time for dinner.


We were going to serve a bowl of Vichyssoise and make a BLT sandwich, but the Vichyssoise seemed to be going bad so we went with just the BLT and several dried Moroccan olives and drank beers.


Later Suzette warmed and served the last of the quince tart with ice cream and a glass of the Herman Weimar Late Harvest wine.


I enjoyed the day.  The walk felt good and I think I am building a bit of muscle.


Bon Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment