Saturday, September 3, 2022

September 3, 2022 Brunch - Gravad Lax on Bagel with cream cheese, red onion, and capers. Dinner - Butter Chicken and Rice.

September 3, 2022 Brunch - Gravad Lax on Bagel with cream cheese, red onion, and capers. Dinner - Butter and Rice. 


Another two meal day.


I watched Soccer in the morning until 10:30 when I toasted a whole wheat bagel and prepared Gravad Lax on the two slices of Bagel with cream cheese, red onion, and capers.





I then took took some Tylenol and lay down and rested until I dozed from 12:30 to 3:00.  


I tested myself and I do not feel sick, but am still slightly positive for Covid so we need to isolate from each other.


When Suzette came home at 4:00 I printed the recipe for Butter Chicken I had been sent on the Internet. We had all the ingredients except fresh cilantro, which is expendable because it is only a garnish.


I sliced PPI roasted chicken breast, a medium onion, three cloves of garlic, and 2 tsp. of ginger. I nibbled the chicken meat left on the skeleton after I cut up the breast for an appetizer.


I also made one cup of Indian style rice with a stick of cinnamon and 7 or 8 cloves.


I then left the kitchen and Suzette took over the final assembly of the dish.


She sautéed the onion in butter and oil and then added the garlic, chicken, and ginger.


Finally she added 4 T. of tomato paste and heavy cream to make the sauce.


When everything was ready she called me and I opened the new jar of Swad mixed pickle and made a chai.


Suzette served us the butter chicken on a bed of rice.  We added the apple chutney she made from the apples on our tree plus raisins, and ginger and I added the mixed pickle for a delightful meal.


We have also discovered another great use for the breast meat of a roasted chicken after we have eaten the dark meat that Suzette and I prefer.


We have some Butter Chicken and rice left, so we may be able to squeeze another meal out of it.


After dinner I made another cup of chai and ate two cookies with it in the bedroom as we both watched Father Brown and Death in Paradise from our separate locations.


Suzette is a wonderful cook and I like to prep, so I prep all the ingredients and she finishes the cooking.  It is a perfect symbiotic relationship.  We just can not do it together as usual because we do not want to re-infect her with Covid.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment