Monday, September 5, 2022

September 5, 2022 Lunch- PPI Miso Chicken Noodle Soup. Dinner - PPI Butter Chicken with Rice

September 5, 2022 Lunch- PPI Miso Chicken Noodle Soup. Dinner - PPI Butter Chicken with Rice


Today was a day of delicious leftovers.


At noon I ate the remaining Miso Chicken Noodle Soup with a squirt of Hoisin sauce: containing Rice and wheat noodles, chicken, chopped salami, bok Choy, an egg drop, mushroom slices, dashi, red miso, tofu, and dehydrated chicken stock. I garnished it with sliced green onion.



Suzette has a bad back and I still have Covid, so we heated the PPI Butter Chicken and rice for dinner, except I made riata.


Riata


2/3 cucumber seeded and diced and lightly salted


1 cup yogurt 


Mustard and cumin seeds toasted in a dry skillet until they begin to pop.


A dash of cayenne pepper


Suzette heated the Butter Chicken with Rice in the microwave and then we added Riata and Major Grey’s Mango Chutney and I added Swad Mixed pickle.


I also heated a whole wheat naan I had bought at Smith’s in the microwave that was wonderful with the dinner.




Suzette drank a beer and I made a cup of chai.


We then watched Antique Roadshow, I from the bedroom and Suzette from the TV room


Suzette went to bed at 9:00.


I stayed up to blog and read.


 Watched a 24 year old American named Tiafoe beat Raphael Nadal today.


I finished reading the Mammoth Hunters and started reading The Plains of Passage by Auel today.


I also read some of the BJO Nordfeldt, An American Internationalist catalog published by the Weisman Art Museum.


I think the BJO Nordfeldt I bought is a gem.  It is a 1937 portrait of a Mexican Man in a Pink sweater.


I love it.


Bon Appetit 



No comments:

Post a Comment