Tuesday, September 27, 2022

September 26, 2022 Breakfast - Baked Potato Lunch Taj Mahal. Dinner - Teriyaki Salmon Fried Rice with onion and Garden Greens

September 26, 2022 Breakfast - Baked Potato  Lunch  Taj Mahal. Dinner -  Teriyaki Salmon Fried Rice with onion and Garden Greens


I slept until 8:00 again today.  I ate a baked apple doused with heavy cream and read and sent mail and read a new water case before lunch.  Mike called and I agreed to meet him at Taj Mahal for lunch at 1:15.



When I arrived at Taj Mahal I talked to Shamiz and found out that his daughter is taking her Masters in Islamic Studies at London University.  I was very pleased for him and her. I told him that Sarah Lawrence has a very strong Islamic Studies curriculum.


We ate the usual buffet with tandoori chicken, meat balls, a beef shish kabob, butter chicken, naan, Dahl, and saag plus a bowl of raita sauce.  This was one of the few times that there was a spot on my plate that was not filled with food.  I also did not go back for seconds or eat dessert.



I then drove next door to my local Smith’s and bought cookies and root beer for the book club meeting.


I dropped off a signed legal opinion to Bill Turner on the way home.


When I returned I studied a legal report for a case and lay down at 4:00 to watch the news.


Suzette arrived a bit later.  As usual we did not have a plan for dinner.  And, as usual Suzette came up with a fabulous menu idea.  We needed to eat the teriyaki salmon.  We also had some rice left from a prior meal.  So as soon as Suzette mentioned that our menu became Chicken Fried Rice.  As for a green vegetable, Suzette mentioned that we had green beans.  I suggested adding fresh greens from the garden.  We agreed on adding fresh garden greens, kale and chard.


While Suzette went to the garden to pick a basket of greens, I started prep of the garlic, ginger, onion, and poblano chili.  I chopped those ingredients and put them into a bowl. 


When Suzette returned she made her usual seasoning sauce of rice vinegar, oyster sauce, soy sauce, and cornstarch and then heated peanut oil and sesame oil in the wok.


While I was de-stemming the leaves of kale and chard and cutting them into bite-sized pieces she began stir frying the ingredients I had chopped.


She then added the rice and then the salmon that she had diced.


When all of that was heated, she added the seasoning sauce and finally she rinsed garden greens dried them and added them.


In a couple of stir frying turns of the ingredients the greens were mixed with the other ingredients and wilted from the heat and the dish was ready to serve.




Suzette went to the garage and fetched a bottle of effervescent Pinot Grigio rose (Trader Joe’s $5.99?) that was a real surprise and fun to drink with the meal because it had a slight sweetness and effervescent.


We enjoyed dinner. We then started watching TV, switching between Rachel Maddow and Repeats of the Antique Roadshow.


Suzette cut slices of the lovely Quince, apple, fig, and raisin torte and heated them in the microwave and then added a scoop of vanilla ice cream and we ate dessert in front of the TV with the last glass of the Pinot Grigio rose.




Suzette was tired and went to bed at 8:30 and I followed at 9:30.


Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment